Cinemas in Northwich, Cheshire*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Northwich.
- R.I.P The Regal! It's abig shabby old building but the main screen was huge! I've been told it was the 2nd biggest in the coubtry, but I don't know if that's true or not.
- Cinema in Northwich? you have to be joking, the Regal flea pit closed last year
- they closed the regal, I knew it would happen. It smelt funny but now i have to spend money on petrol, all to spend more money on a smaller screen with more people eating loudly all the way through.
- no where know the cinema has closed i believe there's plans for one near sainsbury's but as usual a load of olds with nothing better to do are campaining against oy
- Regal Cinema was cool - great waiting outside for my mates to turn up then used to throw poppets and opal fruits at people - remember one landed on some womans hat and we all pretended it wasnt us
- Yes it smells like like digestive biscuits and sugar puffs
- in the regal cinema you will receive a different STD from every seat
- regal cinema still dont take visa - wot tear is it
- dont even get me started. its crap. itchy seats and cinema is about 1000000 years old and only shows the occasional film. 1 at a time mayb 2.
- The regal is legendary, although its shit when you have to queue. Ring bristow and he will take you to see Bongo
- arrrr regal. its the best. lots of old posters to look at as your going in. but long ques
- Very old & dusty but also the best view guaranteed given the humungous size of the screen, and the "proper" arrangement of the seats
- The Regal is great! Independent cinema's are fast becoming a rarity what with UCI, Odeon etc dominating the market. I don't know why people slag it off, yes it could probably do with some new seating and a lick of paint in places BUT overall the venue is great, you get friendly service, real sized portions (not oversized fat git portions) of drinks and popcorn plus there is an old fashioned style ice cream lady with tray! The cinema has a lot of character and deserves a bit of local support. It might not have a zillion screens and a pizza hut like Warrington but if there is a film being shown at Regal, then i go there before anywhere else. Oh and they are showing off-beat classics on Wednesday nights this summer too! Give the place your support and i'm sure it will improve.
- THE REGAL - Decked out in the old style format for the late thirties. I regularly go to watch a film there because it's the nearest cinema around. Cleaned before every showing, but desparately in need of a paint job and referbishment. The seats require a cushion or two to make them a little more comfortable if you intend sitting for more that 15 mins in the same place. As with all cinemas they have to make a profit somewhere and in this case it's the shop. If they intend staying with the old style format, I wish they would provide the same facilities as I remember when I was a kid. short films just before the major film, Kiora in plastic cups (not the watered cola that is for sale), constant films shown so if you miss the first bit you can stay in and watch it when i comes around again (saying that - when would thay have the time to clean all the rubbsh which is left under the seats) and bring back the usher who shows you to the seat. After all this I am glad it's still there and not suffered te demise of many local cinemas have over the lsat twnty years. I will continue to go because IT IS LOCAL and IT IS MY CINEMA.
- only 1 word for regal SHIT!
- the cinema is dirty dont go just get piraate dvds they are better quality
- Regal is amazing. The chairs and stuff are a bit old and liable to break, but besides that it's great. It even has a wall full of old school film pics like Superman, Gone with the wind and others.
- Regal, what a shithole!! go to the cheshire oaks to watch a film or even the filmworks
- The Regal is the only cinema in Northwich. Recently been repainted, thankfully! As far as other reviews go though, slagging the Regal off in favour of shitty, tiny screened multiplexes, it's the second biggest screen left in the country after Barnsley! Quality, not quantity. Shame the bars gone though. I shall cry the day they remove the ancient posters all over the foyer. History!
- the reagal in the middle of town
- the regal shows the latest blockbusters.........2 weeks after the rest of the country
- The regal is a shit tip! Theives in plain clothes! It was built in about 1920 and aint changed a bit.
- i work at northwich cinema. and im only 17. so its not old. and its not crap and i can assure you if you knew the manager probably he DOES not let anyone in for free.it's a classic landmark and has a history.if you want to be ripped off. got to warrington
- The Regal. Listed building and one of the few remaining Art Deco cinemas of its kind.
- Northwich cinema needs updating,it looks like something out of the 50's!!! It is a total rip off,u can go to a high tech 10 screen cinema for the same price. The seats are well hard n are covered in chuddy,n u get little shits chuckin popcorn at you and gigglin all the way through the film. Last time I went they stopped the film cast some kid was fuckin bout with a lazer pen. If you can get there try Cheshire Oaks.
- The Regal-class!you get a square bum but its so sweet!
- hmmm..... sticky floors, 14 yr olds havin sex with their cousins in the back row, no legroom, rude staff, and the wall of posters that has been there as long as i can remember. go to ellesmere port.
- the regal- aka "The flea pit" need i say more?
- Regal Cinema, 2 screens with the first able to hold up to 700 people
- The Regal. Small but unique
they locked my car in the parking lot-nice
screen 1 is ok (only 2 screens) nice and steep so no heads in the way
but the seats are too hard
- Slicks was a go karting place but its died
- Regal cinema, two screens, has the latest films...
- Northwich multi-screen - that's why everyone goes to Cheshire Oaks, Halton - anywhere really!
- The Regal. Still the greatest cinema in the world but surely it could do with just one or two more screens to save the trek to Warrington. It aint a fucking multiplex so preserve it. Don't let it become another bleedin uci or odeon. They are shit and show the same old crap all the time. At least the Regal has character. Bring it up to the 21st century, allow people to smoke tweed in there and it's a home for life.
- The Regal Cinema is like something out of the dark ages
- A twin screen cinema, well past its best. But saves going 15 miles to a multi screen. Bowling, nearest is Warrington, 15 miles away. Paintballing and indoor Kart track are on the outskirts at Winnington.
- cinema,smelly dirty,but still something to do on a raining day when suffering for the effects of last nights drinking binge!!
- THIS PLACE IS SHIT. IT REALLY IS A DIVE. FOR CHRIST SAKE THE OWNER THINKS HES SEEN UFOS. HOWEVER IT IS CHEAP BUT REALLY NOT WORTH IT AT ALL.
- Regal. Indipendant cinema, and perhaps one of the best points of Northwich (that's not saying much though). 2 screens, one of which has the highest capacity I have seen at any cinema. Only drawback is the absence of a bar, but I suspect this was a strategic desision made by the current managment.
- Regals ok, not keen on youngsters tho. Let anyone in for any certificate really.. chester might b better for big movies tho.
- Ah, The Regal... my first kiss... vomiting on the back row...
- Well yes it has a cenima, it was better whan the cenima had a bar.
- If you like to pay alot of money to see the movies they can afford, then go to the Regal across the road from the Job center. (it would be more fun i there)
- The Regal is a fantastic cinema. Independant and not full of the usual multiplex rip-offs. Its run by people who love film and they always have a good selection of the top films and unusual. Happy cinema going!
- Small but if you know he mamnager you get in free and the popcorn is cheap by the way it is called the Regal
- ONE - Regal only 2 screens
- Larer maze, old barn crap.
Cinema, wherehouse, crap.
- Regal Northwich is okay, but UCI Warrington is much better.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: malcolm garrett, Beth, banjo, Ruth, Martin Hughes, Kynan y Gruffud, simon, gaz, shiv, Tim Moore, Chris, doddy, PJtheDJ, caz, Andy spence, Jake, mike P, just me, heather, Michael Baddeley, shaun hampton, CLAiM iN NORTHWiCH, Ched & Stu, Jeff, grogins, Tom, AJ, scott, tim potter, David Oldham, Liz Stockall, Adam Astles, katie, Wayne Griesau, Nick Carroll, Mark Fowles, Andrew Payne, essa, polly elcoat, Mark Bray, michael, Adlin, jim burns, James Gatrell, Lisa, andrea, Chris Lynch, jewboy, Steven Gracey, Heather Baker, Colin, Tim H, Bowley, Andrew Chadwick, Peter, Helen Davies, luke, Anonomous Barnton Rugby Loving Fan, Loki, Mark C., pam, Greg Norton, Alex, steve williams, tom howman, Baby1, phatmarc, tony, kat, ben, jade, Jeffers, Caroline, Laura Mercer, Adele Rowe, julian roberts, paul, Megan, Zoe, Peter Ainsworth, Tracy, Eddy Jenkins, Nigel, Carl, John Edmonds, natalie johnson, Karl, Garry Brookes, Spring, Paul Bell, khlaire, steve corkhill, Ian Walker, H.Lee, Deb Payne, Paul Morley, Kate Wilkins, Easy, tom martin, Shand, Meg, jimmy boy, Phil, Laura Edgeley, ian woolstencroft, yan, Anthony Fegan, Alex Johnson, S.Brock, Holly x, Natalie Steinke, Jay, Laura Ashbrook, Gavin Davenport, ian, may cuewet, shaky, biatch, vincent yarwood, generic, Nicola Brown, stu neild, baz manning, Darren Gleave, benno, elbow, Mark Campbell, redneck, Ian M, Michelle, klair, rod lee, Dan Forster, george
Last updated: 2008-02-04
More stuff about Northwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Northwich Knowhere Board