Favourite Building in Northwich, Cheshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Northwich.
- sublime sub and salad bar, market street, at last someones been bold and added colour to the town
- There school in Kingsmead is a pretty cool modern building that's all timber. The rest of the estate are awful "fake old cottage" typical new houses! When will we stop building chintz and get a bit of modern design on the go!
- Sandiway library - many an hour spent in there on the pretence of doing homework!
- The train station its a means of escape
- witton chimes
- SIR JOHN DEANE's easily
- Dim Spesh
- The Job Centre - Two thumbs up!
- The old tudor-style buildings in the Bull ring
- Woolworths. To be more specific, the Pick n' Mix section.
- OCTEL!!! Fucking Rally Track
- barnton cricket club
- courts it is wrong and immature to piss off the workers but its damn funny
- The new school in Kingsmead is cool, unlike the anonymous fake-cottage shit of the rest of Kingsmead. The chunky old concrete police station has a certain 'brutalist cool' about it. It's being done up with modern glazing & looks quite good. Most people will hate it, but I've got a degree in architecture, so fuck all y'all!
- Anything but slicks!! Slicks deserves no business - theivin b*stards!
- Northwich Market - indoor and out
- In Northwich, u gotta b kiddin
- sir john deanes-the best place in the world
- Beats Ahead Music on Greenbank Lane
- the warehouse. this is a dilapidated old warehouse which seems to have been taken over by moshers on friday nights. great for hanging around in smashingthings. although there is a lot of asbestos in it.
- you must be joking!
- Quicks, old abandonned, and full of plywood (Skaters interests)
- Northwich train station
- Northwich train station
- sir john deanes
the bowling green
- one of the ones out of it
- All of the factories in Winnington and Wallerscote, now sadly disappearing. Living in Barnton, I grew up with these on my doorstep and somehow that mixture of living so close to the countryside (Little Leigh and beyond) and yet so close to this bizarre industrial sprawl that seemed to have no discernible reason for existing (what do they DO there?) has had a long lasting effect on my appreciation of life and all it has to offer. After I had moved away, new friends visiting for the first time were wont to say "NOW we know why he is the way he is...." upon witnessing this unique geography for the first time. Quite what they meant I'm yet to fathom.
And then there are the canals and tunnels, and the Anderton Lift.
Demolished buildings I already miss: Barnton Primary School, all of the houses balanced precariously up Barnton Hill before the bridge, Marbury Hall, The Gasometer in Northwich itself, The Old Market Hall, ICI Main offices in Winnington, Platt's farmhouse on Runcorn Road in Barnton...
- the library, Wincham park, St lukes Church, London Road Art College
- The last building on the A533 in Barnton as that reminds that I've escaped and am heading for civilisation again
- me bedroom only safe haven abouts
- Police station!
- Winnington Rec - had a few good memories there
- the warehouse me n my mates found!!
- Police station, many a happy time spent in there with those moustached wankers.
- The Bingo Hall. A classic.
- wetherspoons,uh of my time is spent in there,i have learnt to love it like a second home!!
- MY HOUSE... ITS SAFE
- Bargin Booze, davenham. Keeping them solvent all on my own.
- the royal mail sorting office
- SIR JOHN DEANS!!!!
- Bargain Booze in Castle. Fine architecture.. which I notice cos I'm always waiting outside for my taller mates.
- SJDs of course. The Memorial Hall because of the back stairs at the Morgue circa 1989.
- Lloys bank (or is it now a pizza shop)
- My favourite building is......do i have to answer this?
- Keogh Johnson building
- The Library aaah! isn't black and white
- The New stsnd at Winnington Park Rugby Club
- SJD College the scene of many a happy day.
- The swing bridge really !
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: malcolm garrett, Beth, banjo, Ruth, Martin Hughes, Kynan y Gruffud, simon, gaz, shiv, Tim Moore, Chris, doddy, PJtheDJ, caz, Andy spence, Jake, mike P, just me, heather, Michael Baddeley, shaun hampton, CLAiM iN NORTHWiCH, Ched & Stu, Jeff, grogins, Tom, AJ, scott, tim potter, David Oldham, Liz Stockall, Adam Astles, katie, Wayne Griesau, Nick Carroll, Mark Fowles, Andrew Payne, essa, polly elcoat, Mark Bray, michael, Adlin, jim burns, James Gatrell, Lisa, andrea, Chris Lynch, jewboy, Steven Gracey, Heather Baker, Colin, Tim H, Bowley, Andrew Chadwick, Peter, Helen Davies, luke, Anonomous Barnton Rugby Loving Fan, Loki, Mark C., pam, Greg Norton, Alex, steve williams, tom howman, Baby1, phatmarc, tony, kat, ben, jade, Jeffers, Caroline, Laura Mercer, Adele Rowe, julian roberts, paul, Megan, Zoe, Peter Ainsworth, Tracy, Eddy Jenkins, Nigel, Carl, John Edmonds, natalie johnson, Karl, Garry Brookes, Spring, Paul Bell, khlaire, steve corkhill, Ian Walker, H.Lee, Deb Payne, Paul Morley, Kate Wilkins, Easy, tom martin, Shand, Meg, jimmy boy, Phil, Laura Edgeley, ian woolstencroft, yan, Anthony Fegan, Alex Johnson, S.Brock, Holly x, Natalie Steinke, Jay, Laura Ashbrook, Gavin Davenport, ian, may cuewet, shaky, biatch, vincent yarwood, generic, Nicola Brown, stu neild, baz manning, Darren Gleave, benno, elbow, Mark Campbell, redneck, Ian M, Michelle, klair, rod lee, Dan Forster, george
Last updated: 2011-11-09
More stuff about Northwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Northwich Knowhere Board