Cheap Food in Notting Hill Gate, Greater London*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Notting Hill Gate.
- Tagine Restaurant on Goldebourne Rd
- Mike's Caff down by Finches is like a nice greasy spoon. Nicer than the Anglo nextdoor to Tescos on Portobello Road.
And then there's the 192, and Cafe Med etc on Kensington Park Road, or the
First Floor Restaurant on Portobello Road, for proper dining.
Alastair Little's restaurant "a" on Lancaster Road is nice too. Small food, big plates, though I hear it's closing.
Also, don't forget Bibs on All Saints Road.
- lots and lots.
books for cooks has a great testing kitchen - but you have to book.
- The Spice Shop off Blenheim Road has an amazing array of world spices
and herbs,BUT they are pricey.A 100g packet of yellow mustard seed
cost me £1.65.I later saw a fresher packet the same weight in a large
supermarket in Southall for only £00.65.Service here by the all women
staff can be moody and curt with a fed up /hurry up ambience.
- sunday lunch at the portobello gold - nice, but watch out that you don't get fleeced. items on the menu tend to go missing on the way to your table, and complaints fall on deaf ears. also, watch out for the "optional" service charge.
the grove cafe insists on service charge, even though you might have had a bad time - very temperament staff.
sausage and mash cafe in ladbrocke grove - great comfort food!
new culture revolution [opposite pharmacy] - cheap and filling.
- The Chicken Grill at the Gate is quite good though £7
for a half chicken and veg a bit dear.
Otherwise hard pressed to find anywhere.Even Time Out
slams The Pharmacy.
- Geales fish and chip restaurant is one of the best things about the area. But if you want something that's just as good, but not quite so posh, try Costas just up the road.
- Loads and loads of places to eat in Bayswater too
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jim S., andrew, vikas, Paul Thomas, Jamey, Josh, Wynn, Richard Ewing, halsey, Mr.Ha;lsey, Jim, catty, bruce, Phill, Andrew Crawford, claire, mr.halsey, Danny Costello, Neil Anderson, Louise Partland, keith wymer, vic, terry_45rpm, generic, benito from catering, star boy, G, Jacob, b.robinson, Kevin Armstrong
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Notting Hill Gate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Notting Hill Gate Knowhere Board