The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Notting Hill Gate.
- twelfth house on pembridge road attracts a very fresh faced crowd. i have to say that female manager at twelfth house was very abrupt and rude, choosing to discipline staff in front of a floor of customers [none of whom had received bad service from the member of staff in question]. totally uncalled for, and if this is the standard of management in twelfth house, i will go elsewhere. and yes, it's about time that twelfth house had a spring clean - very dirty curtains, and a skanky sofa & carpet. not recommended unless you fancy cheap cocktails, in a venue that's past it's sell by date.
- The Market Bar, Finches, and Ground Floor Bar (Colville Rose as was) on Portobello Road. I wouldn't bother with the Warwick Castle. Once an old man's pub, always an old man's pub.
- the churchill pub - amazing relics on the wall [and soem even in the pub]. thai restaurant there is always rammed, so arrive early. avoid the place if you don't like insects, as there are stuffed butterflies etc on the wall. who the hell would want to stuff a spider?
- bill clinton had a pint at the portobello gold, not that that is anything to recommend it.
- dont be tempted to go for a drink at Woodys bar in Westbourne Park. drinks are heavily overpriced, no room to move and rude bouncers make for a bad time. if you are hoping to starspot, forget it - they are all in the private members bar. you're better off going to Babushkas [round the corner from the tube]- cheaper, friendlier, and infinately more hip - leave the posing to the fashion victims and trustos!
- Teh duke of wellington...finche's
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jim S., andrew, vikas, Paul Thomas, Jamey, Josh, Wynn, Richard Ewing, halsey, Mr.Ha;lsey, Jim, catty, bruce, Phill, Andrew Crawford, claire, mr.halsey, Danny Costello, Neil Anderson, Louise Partland, keith wymer, vic, terry_45rpm, generic, benito from catering, star boy, G, Jacob, b.robinson, Kevin Armstrong
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Notting Hill Gate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Notting Hill Gate Knowhere Board