The Worst Things in Notting Hill Gate, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Notting Hill Gate.
The Worst Things
- the posh ones who think theyre cool, but no they're just rich.
- getting a cold!
- Music Exhange Bookshop.Yugh these guys shake
like they are on speed .They sell all sorts of
wierd stuff and think that their dirty little
shop is the coolest thing in the Gate.Too bad
the few customers dont seem to agree.
The big hardware store next McD.and Europa is getting pretty
nasty too.The owner paranoididly follows all customers
and accuses them of not replacing items with the art of a
HArvey NICKS WINDOW DRESSER
- very overated as a living area.
that film - if i ever meet hugh grant, i'm gonna punch him.
- Its a dirty crappy hole of a place and a dumping ground for druggies and scum. When the portobello market is closed, its like snipers alley, dodging the crack heads. I've had my money and my phone stollen too often in Notting Hill and the film of the same name bears no relation to reality here. If you can avoid it, then do.
- it's extremely expensive. if your not rich you are very poor. this place has the worst graffiti problem in the south east!
- woodys bar - arsy staff, expensive prices.
general rudeness of people working behind the bars here.
- Pavement overcrowding on portobello Road Saturdays.
Zillions of Tourists gawping at vegetables and hoping to spy
"freaks".CAnt move.Pickpocklets.Tight fisted Americans.
- tourists looking for the blue door [it's not there!]
- I spent the worst 6 months of my life living in N/Hill. The average standard of living is so low. You're either very rich or very poor.The streets are filled with litter and buildings covered in graffiti. Its just an overpriced and overrated bedsit land. Utterly depressing, Dont be fooled by Saturady's.
- The prices
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jim S., andrew, vikas, Paul Thomas, Jamey, Josh, Wynn, Richard Ewing, halsey, Mr.Ha;lsey, Jim, catty, bruce, Phill, Andrew Crawford, claire, mr.halsey, Danny Costello, Neil Anderson, Louise Partland, David Zodo, keith wymer, vic, terry_45rpm, generic, benito from catering, star boy, G, Jacob, b.robinson, Kevin Armstrong
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Notting Hill Gate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Notting Hill Gate Knowhere Board