Arts, crafts and such in Orpington, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Orpington.
Arts, crafts and such
- Cray tea rooms
- Legacy Ceramic- This lady has a mobile Ceramic Studio, she does parties, personalised plates etc, any way, commissioned her to do a plate for my sister's wedding with messages from our family, it was GREAT. Legacy_store@yahoo.com
- just the museum
- the picture frame shop woopdiddoo
- Chelsfield Town Hall?
- The Priory School Crafts Fair every year.
- well there is retrospect at the end which is great - i bought some candles from there once. They sell bits and bobs and also beanie babies. Lorimers sells great arts materials and partners is great for stationary. Whsmith is the classic for a whole new Back to School set. They sell a pak of ink erasers for a £1!
- there is only one that is next to a libery but they keep the same thing in there for years and years.
- oh yes, the very artistic and deeply meaningful art work of pikeys and other dilinquents.
- Not a lot in Orpington proper. Kind Regards in Locksbottom has some nice (but
pricey)stuff. Best bet if you're looking for a good range of stuff (plus
excellent coffee and food) is to drive out to Ide Hill (20 - 30 minutes)!
- A good little junk shop is up at the top of Green Street Green High Street,just before you get to the main road. It's really little, on the right hand side as you're headed towards the A21. It's on of those jammed up to the windows shop, thats so full of junk you can barely move, but it's nice.
- orpington has a museum at the library.
- Great art materials shop opp Mc Donalds, I think its called Lorimer or something like that (if it hasn't closed down by now), good for art students and those with the creative bent.
- Retrospect is the place mentioned earlier - it's great for gifts and some crafts. Has the(dubious) distinction of being the Official Beanie Baby centre of Orp. Also has tiny tea room, probably the cheapest and best in the High St, if you only want tea/coffe/sandwich/cake, and would like change from a fiver.
- There is a nice antique and crafts shop at the end of the high street near to the library with lots of different stalls in it. They do hand made cards and toys, china, collectibles etc.
- there is a little art gallery (or at least used to be) in the old Priory buildings attached to the library.
- I think there's a Kent Wool Shop, or something. And a branch of Singers. They do sewing machines - that's a craft!?!
- I suppose there is a craft fair at the Town Hall occasionally.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: David Andrews, jenny, simon, junior, Lucy, James G. Ellard, sylvia, Sandra Rayford, Leigh, Stu, bryn, Rich, dave warren, Malcolm McNally, Chris Platts, painiamm, Jake, Katrina, Paul Nicholson, D, Anna Baria, Bazza, Wendy Fairservice, Martin Davies, Veronika, Dave, Bill Heatherington, Mandy, hal, melanie and rosie, Vinita, danny p, Rob McDougall, Matt Hemsley, roger the lodger, Tania, Dave Morrall, Chris Hobbs, sarah, elli, daren mauldon, Mike Wallace, rachel, steve wadlow, Lisa, James Martin, nick, ncik, aymoid, John Doe, Gazbo Pain, DM, afsara, ZOE, Me., j.elms, bloatermon, Jonathan, miranda, ?, c, Sylvie, joe, Jamie, June Johnson, pete, JamPot, SEME, Steve Acott, Dave Warren, Jim Ellard, Anon, DANIEL, [x]*[x], tom, allan, steve dix, Jon, Tim, Mr. Pink, ian hodson, andrew, Bob Knapman, Al Young, Jason McGovern, carl smart, Jean, DK, Carl, rosie, Craig, Mand, Andrew Grout, Jennie Vaughan, Tel "Shellsuit" Ramsden, Andy Norris, Janie C., Becky, Matt C, sammie stolton, James, ken white, D K, locke cole, KJ, Kirsty Henning, Fred, Uncle Bill, Bo, Brian, ?????????????, anita, Tony Featherstone, Bungle, Scott, Dave smith, Kevin Sloane, beadle, Rebecca Carter, Laura, steve, P K Jones, haggis, raj, Amie Strutt, El, Komps, David, Vicki, Wormy, Jamie Pankhurst, Poppy B, Sophie, Kaz, James C, Trev, dan, max, CLD, Jon Smith, james bentley, Steve Jennings, Iain, Nut Nut, Peter O' Brien, Tk, Voron, pikey orpington, paul smith, riek, gregg, generic, florence, Jen, lynn oliver, simone, sammie stolten, andy, James D,Olley, Robert Colgan, beckie, jhon, Laura Davies, charlie, Chris Chant, Harriet Morse, Kathy Corteen, Dean Johnson, Rob, T.Cottee, reg&lauren, leah, Neal Brooks, bob, S Nightingale
Last updated: 2016-10-05
More stuff about Orpington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Orpington Knowhere Board