Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Paignton, Devon*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Paignton.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Paignton is not the best place for a night out, it used to be fantastic about 5 years ago but gone a bit down hill since then. If you're out with people who know how to have a laugh then you can have a fab night out. Paignton is best probably on a fri night and sat night is better for torquay. Again Spinning wheel is a favourite, Isaac Merritts (weatherspoon), The central, the gallery - which is mainly full of teeny boppers and not that busy although its getting slightly better, the lighthouse, fairly quiet in the winter but when it gets packed there is no air conditioning so if you want to sweat loads then go there - it gets way too hot, its a bit of a dive nowadays but depends what your into. Its expensive and they do charge on the door at weekends...i wouldnt pay to get in there! Not unless I really have to. Remedies, I avoid whenever I can, it doesnt get very busy but when it does its full of scroats and weird people, they do drinks offers but atmosphere wise its very lacking.
- Crazy Horse Saloon, The Lighthouse
- Crazy Horse - good selection of music and fun place to go!
- that gothic place hideaways is shut right? i fink them scruffy boys go to hot rock now where all them sluts are at
- The Cave is a cool hang out. Its beneath the Beach Bar on Paignton seafront opposite the cinema. Thursday nite is jam nite so anyone who wants 2 have a go just go down. Friday-Sunday nites are rock nites which r cool 2.
- The Monastery in Torquay has become famous and one will have to queue even in the wintertime. Unlike so many nightclubs it is not owned by gangsters, quick rich merchants, and wide boys. Starts at 00:00 Saturday night and ends Sunday morning at 07:00. Can you last that long?
- The Fiesta Inn is now called Sport XS, and the club upstairs is called Club XS. The Mermaid's club (formerly Slammers) is now called The Void. The Spinning Wheel is great for live music, and all ages (don't let this put you off, it's brill..)
- "The Monastry" For high power rave music and those not short of natural energy
- Kristy's in station square is currently the favourite, followed by The Impacto in the Fiesta on the seafront. If you want a good night out - go to Torquay!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: charlotte, Jonnee B, Ian Morgan, C.&G.Stansfield, simon, Sarah Abbott, Lee Rossington, Erika, CheesedOff, Major, Ron Sharpe, jon, generic, YMCA, simon black, Ian, G.L. Perkins, John A. West, gaz from sunny torbay, martyn cannan, jon knight, dave collerton, Anon, DAVESTATION LTD, Jo Miller, RKT, mike redmond, dan grosvenor, Madamm Meoww, katie, michelle parsons, E.T., A West, Great Parks Chapel, lol, stefan nyman, geoff huxtable, Paul J, innit, Helen Jones
Last updated: 2008-02-20
More stuff about Paignton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Paignton Knowhere Board