Pubs in Paignton, Devon*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Paignton.
- Spinning Wheel, Isaac Merrits (weatherspoon)and the central, all have a mix of ages.... the old manor in preston is quite good with food and atmosphere... other pubs? well I havent either been to much or aren't all that.
- a pub theat is aimed at the over thirtys, great food, live music every night of the week, and a happy, friendly atmosphere all contribute to making this one of the best little pubs in paignton
- The Spinning Wheel, Henry's, The Pier Inn, Polshams Arm, The Ship, Palace Place (only for men!)
- LIMETREE - great for an afternoon drink, friendly and laid back, outside seating and kids area. Some non-smoking inside. Top of Gurston Street/Dartmouth/Totness road jnctn.
THE OLD WELLHOUSE - Torquey road - new chap taken over - great atmosphere, karaoke or disco every night - food also.
- Henrys - better during the day - nice food.
Limetree - great for a crowd, spacious and fun.
Wellhouse - new management - very karaoke-orintated but GOOD singers there - nice atmosphere too.
- mikes local
- Two pubs, a licensed restaurant and a club providing for all tastes with specials nights and karioke for example.
- See above (The Cave)
- WINSTONS.CHEAPER THAN WETHERSPOONS,PROPER OLD MANS PUB IN THE WEEK,BEST PINT OF CARLING FOR MILES.KICKING ON FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS
- Spinny on the seafront is dark in atmosphere but welcoming inside
- The spinning wheel, is exactly the same as it was over 25 years ago, except the prices.
- The Embassy Tavern has a new web site at www.embassytavern.co.uk. The Embassy is still the best pub around for the older clientele. Located on in Colin Road on Preston Seafront it is a easy stroll from the town centre. Great food, company and entertainment.
- Try Witherspoon, Torquay Road for cheap beer and food.
- The Embassy Tavern is still the place to go for the older clientele and offers
live music every night in the summer and live music at weekends in the Winter.
Great food and a great friendly atmosphere - the new link to their website is:
- The Embassy Tavern is the best pub in Paignton for the older clientele.
- The younger generation hang out at: The Wellhouse, The Coach House, Henry's, Mermaid & Slammers, The Spinning Wheel, The Fiesta, Winstons.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: charlotte, Jonnee B, Ian Morgan, C.&G.Stansfield, simon, Sarah Abbott, Lee Rossington, Erika, CheesedOff, Major, Ron Sharpe, jon, generic, YMCA, simon black, Ian, G.L. Perkins, John A. West, gaz from sunny torbay, martyn cannan, jon knight, dave collerton, Anon, DAVESTATION LTD, Jo Miller, RKT, mike redmond, dan grosvenor, Madamm Meoww, katie, michelle parsons, E.T., A West, Great Parks Chapel, lol, stefan nyman, geoff huxtable, Paul J, innit, Helen Jones
Last updated: 2008-02-20
More stuff about Paignton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Paignton Knowhere Board