Cheap Food in Palmers Green, Greater London*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Palmers Green.
- Cafe Christo - 442-444 Green Lanes
The Waiting Rooms - Palmers Green Train Station
Dom's Cafe - 117 Green Lanes
To Spitiko - 43 Green Lanes
- While Morrisons Bettabuy bread has recently risen in price to 37p per loaf (as of 18/1/08), Bettabuy chips are a respectable 79p for 2.27kg.
Make sure to go towards the end of the day to catch the reduced section. Bread and meat products tend to receive final reductions 10-15 minutes before closing time, however, refridgerated products are typically sold out by this time so it's best to go 30-35 minutes before closing time for them.
Take a friend, have a chat and a browse, and catch both!
- The uninspiring looking Italian restaurant (Rimini) in the middle of Palmers Green serves fantastic pizza and is always packed with Italians.
- waiting rooms cafe - modern jazz cafe
friends - indian
rimini - italian
mr chippy - fish 'n'chips
- Cafe Anjou the best resturant in palmers green.
- The Italian opposite Tony's on the high street, or Pacinos cafe.
- rimini near tescos is a guarenteed winner. standard budgety italian fayre but always worth it. you need to book
- Bruschetta up by the Fox, excellent Italian food. Paneri, excellent Turkish/Greek food. Cafe Amore and the Occasional Half pub and George's for breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Neraby in Wood Green, Paramount excellent Indian food. And down by Turnpike Lane tube excellent Chinese restaurant.
- Too many to mention though the highlight for me is Jim Thompson's newly-built
Oriental restaurant which replaced the old Green Dragon pub and which seats up to
900 people after a 15-month refurbishment
- Lovely Italian restaurant next to video shop, several Chinese, Indian and Thai eateries
Safeway, Tesco, Sainsbury's (5 mins north up Green Lanes), Iceland
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Gerard Woodward, Kaya, Sophie, LOSASIOJSIADDSA, jimmy, nick king, Tom, ali, riddler, andy, Da MJ, David Ranger, Elinor, michael green, MURKE, E S THOMAS, linda coburn, Jon, matt, Lilly, magnet, generic, A Taste of Green Lanes, Bill Giles, TD, Eckk
Last updated: 2008-01-19
More stuff about Palmers Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Palmers Green Knowhere Board