The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Palmers Green.
- Bird in Hand been there for ever too.
- The Fox - 413 Green Lanes
The Wishing Well - 9 Aldermans Hill
The Waiting Rooms - Palmers Green Train Station
Inn on the Green - 295 Green Lanes
The Whole Hog - 430 Green Lanes
The Alfred Harring (Wetherspoons) - 316-322 Green Lanes
- this is a bit out of date.
the fox: under new management for the last 3ish years, cracking carvery on sundays, family atmosphere @ weekends daytime, rock/pop covers bands friday and saturday, traditional irish music on sunday evening. GAA, footie, rugby, shown on plasma screens - the pub of choice for palmers green
o'connors: been closed for years.
whole hog: was closed, just reopened
inn on the green: shows sport, live music at weekends
- Alfred Herring (Wetherspoons, very large, cheap, feels like a airport lounge)
Inn On The Green (large, outdoor section, live cover band on a saturday night 'till the wee hours, big screens for sport)
The Fox (large, outdoor section, fantastic sunday carvery)
The Wishing Well (Irish! Full of charm, if a little small and expensive. Also, a friend of mine worked there for a while and got a question that we'd know the answer to slipped into the pub quiz. Cheers, Anna!)
Check out the local drunkards, who tend to wander between their homes, The Fox and The Wishing Well!
- O'Connors. Good fun on weekend music nights.
- the fox
- The Fox is the centre of Palmers Green nightlife. Shootings usually take place on the street outside and have NOTHING to do with the pub itself.
- The Fox, just for the fact that the landlords called Barry White
- fox: good joint, avoid kareoke on tuesdays and thursdays. Spacious pub with unrealised potential. Sunday quiz night a legend among the locals
- The fox is a spiritual home to all born in the parish, intriging management, rapid turn over of bar staff, pies and a liberal smattering of genuine "characters"
- The Occasional Half is the best piub in Palmers Green by far-and its cheap, DJ on Friday nights and free quiz on Sunday night
- The fox, O'Connors, The Wishing Well
- The Whole Hog, Green Lanes
The Fox, Fox Lane
The Inn on the Green, Green Lanes
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Gerard Woodward, Kaya, Sophie, LOSASIOJSIADDSA, jimmy, nick king, Tom, ali, riddler, andy, Da MJ, David Ranger, Elinor, michael green, MURKE, E S THOMAS, linda coburn, Jon, matt, Lilly, magnet, generic, A Taste of Green Lanes, Bill Giles, TD, Eckk
Last updated: 2011-12-03
More stuff about Palmers Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Palmers Green Knowhere Board