The Best Things in Peckham, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Peckham.
The Best Things
- Peckham Library, Farmers Market (think it's every Sunday) on Peckham Square, I Love Peckham festival.
- The fairly low crime rate
- Jenny Eclair's 'Walking Hard on a Dark Night' classes at the Charlie Magri Community Hall.
The 'ground force garden' where they are going to bury Alan Titchmarsh when he dies
- Memories of walking down Lausanne Road (trying to be Steve Austin - 6 Mill $ man) on my way to Zodiac toys with my Dad - around '82.
- There are 2 best things about Peckham. The 1st is Manzies pie shop. The 2nd thing is, I left!!!
- Not sure if it is still there but The adventure playground at the end of North peckham estate and commercial way was my second home.
- The sense of community. Peckham is a rewarding mix of old and new. We have residents who's families have livd here for generations mixing happily with recent newcomers.
The market on Choumert Road is great for fresh produce.
- choumert place se15,the gardens se22 ,one tree hill ,peckham rye park ,nunhead cemetary ,houses on camberwell grove .
- rye lane park, Whittens timber, Kam Foh take aways, the spices indian takeaway, library,peckham pulse
- there are a lot of people who are not out to mug you
- Matt and Luke Goss from Bros came from Peckham and I can remember walking down Commercial way to their parents house singing Bros songs with my mates, and reading all the graffitti. It was so cool. I'm so glad they're still doing well for themselves after the press shit on them so badly. Bros are the boogie.
- One of the best things about Peckham is that you can always find a bargin down Rye Lane. There used to be a flea market
going down toward the train station that was mad cheap!! Then if you was really broke you could go to Chumert Road and
get food, fabric, TV sets...sometimes from the same guy!!
- Most of the people(except for the staff at the Wishing Well).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan L, mick, harriet mitchell, slim, Chris Coates, Matt, Theo Clarke, Gareth Bellamy, rod, tasnim, dc, Lee Fraser (Peckham, born 'n' bread), generic, joe, britneyz, dave, Mik P, dean, jimmy, shal, dermot doyle, barrie, The Spike Surplus Scheme, Gavin Reynolds, rouvio, Mayo, Jon, Ann, Danny Mackay, Jonathan Morris, M.Turowski, Mandy Tapley, connie, Leslie Bailey, Guy, kofi, F.Grim, bill, Tony, Sacha
Last updated: 2009-05-06
More stuff about Peckham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Peckham Knowhere Board