Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Peckham, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Peckham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Ernest the disapearing man legend
- Chips for the Poor (vocalist) for experimental art group Toah Dynamic seen in local pubs.
- I believe that Chris Eubanks dad still lives in peckham, or that could be somebody winding me up
- Bert Tilsy was known to hang around the cottage on peckham rye
- My Mum sat behind Simon Callow in the Peckham Exchange Cafe on the corner of
Bellenden Rd and Choumert Rd. Someone in the shop confirmed it was him,
and said he lived around the corner. I asked if she knew who Simon Callow was,
and she said he was the bloke from 4 Weddings.. , but without the beard.
Well I believe her ......
- Tom Philips RA has a studio on Bellenden Road next to Antony Gormley's workshop. Tom Philips is an artist who has exhibited worldwide. In 2000 he published The Postcard Century. His previous book was The Humument was decorated treatment of WH Mallock's 'A Human Document' started from a copy bought in Camberwell. He designed the railings and arch in McDermott Gardens (built by a team for the TV show 'Charlie's Garden Army') and also dsigned shop fronts along Bellnden Road. The mural on the apex The Peckham Experiment restaurant was designed by him. He lives in Talfourd Road.
Antony Gormley is a sculptor who designed the Angel of the North figure at Gateshead and won the Turner Prize. He has also designed a series of bollards that are being used in the Bellenden Renewal Area.
- only fools and horses, del-boy and rodney
- I remember Banger Bill! When I was little, he used to let those bangers off down our road and my Dad would come out and have a right go at him and he used to leg it down the road. Does anyone remember Mad Ellen? I know that's awful to refer to her in that way, but that's what she was known as. Nutty as a fruitcake, bless.
- billy banger local small time explosive expert
- did william blake once write a poem containing the line "i saw an angel at peckham rye"
- Matt & Luke Goss of the 80's group Bros used to live in Peckham.
- Either Trevor or Simon, of Trevor and Simon, lives in Peckham or East Dulwich. The other one lives in West Norwood.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan L, mick, harriet mitchell, slim, Chris Coates, Matt, Theo Clarke, Gareth Bellamy, rod, tasnim, dc, Lee Fraser (Peckham, born 'n' bread), generic, joe, britneyz, dave, Mik P, dean, jimmy, shal, dermot doyle, barrie, The Spike Surplus Scheme, Gavin Reynolds, rouvio, Mayo, Jon, Ann, Danny Mackay, Jonathan Morris, M.Turowski, Mandy Tapley, connie, Leslie Bailey, Guy, kofi, F.Grim, bill, Tony, Sacha
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Peckham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Peckham Knowhere Board