The Worst Things in Peckham, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Peckham.
The Worst Things
- Poverty, crime.
- the bingo and the blood
- police sirens.
- Watching a woman get kicked in the face on New Year 1996 by 8 yout on the N36.
- Rubbish shopping area. Years ago we had a lovely M&S, C&A's, Jones & Higgins, etc. Now all there is, is African shops and smelly butchers! I feel sorry for the older generation, as they may not be able to manage a bus journey to Lewisham or Bromley, where there's a bit more choice. Rye Lane really stinks and is filthy. Also, people park where they want! I feel sorry for the buses trying to weave through the parked cars. How I wish things were back to as they were a few years ago...
- loads of people trying to mug you who go around in gangs. it is dangerous to go around at night because you could get attacked by a gang and particularly on the north peckham estate - don't go there if you want to survive
- North Peckham Estate , used to call it Muggers Paradise in account of too many blind spots dark ramps and basement garages badly lit.
- Many major retailers moved away from Peckham when the Channel Tunnel Link threatened the district. The railway bought up houses along theroute and property values tumbled. Now that people are moving back, we hope that the High Street will also recover.
- shops in peckham ,now is the time they should get m&s ,and other nationwid stores ,a dept store for bits and bobs .the shopping is crap ,unless you like fruit and veg!
- no beach
- Most of the pubs.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan L, mick, harriet mitchell, slim, Chris Coates, Matt, Theo Clarke, Gareth Bellamy, rod, tasnim, dc, Lee Fraser (Peckham, born 'n' bread), generic, joe, britneyz, dave, Mik P, dean, jimmy, shal, dermot doyle, barrie, The Spike Surplus Scheme, Gavin Reynolds, rouvio, Mayo, Jon, Ann, Danny Mackay, Jonathan Morris, M.Turowski, Mandy Tapley, connie, Leslie Bailey, Guy, kofi, F.Grim, bill, Tony, Sacha
Last updated: 2009-05-06
More stuff about Peckham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Peckham Knowhere Board