Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Penge, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Penge.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Floella Benjamin shops in Peacocks! who?....
- Mrs Beeton, author of Victorian cookery and household management books. The "Moon & Stars" Wetherspoon pub next to Sainsbury's has wall panels in her honour.
- Sid Vicious used to live in Maple Road
- Peggy Spencer (the imfamous ballroom teacher) has her own school in Penge, which got shut down and turned into something else.
- Alan Minter used to own the Queen Adelaide pub I think
Brian Jacks judo(?) superstar of the 70's
- Bill Wyman is from Penge and went to Beckenham and Penge Grammar for Boys (which is now Langley Park School for Boys, in Beckenham).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Russell, Tracy, CRAIG BURDEN, Dominic Meredith, Simon Beck, Sarah, Rosa Ana Hevia-Noval, Lucie, Jenna, steve, JOHN, Adam, J Roberts, Dave Lewis, jack, edvard, Sheenagh, Polly, generic, mooser, Gary
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Penge
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Penge Knowhere Board