The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Petts Wood.
- daylight inn, clean friendy and have bouncers on friday and saturday nights
- Only two, both crap. I'd rather be tee total than drink in either.
- The Sovereign of the Seas is marginally better than the Daylight Inn. Both are full of not very nice people and lots of smoke, however I've never witnessed someone being bottled in the Sovereign, so if you have to go to a pub in Petts Wood, I'd choose that one.
- The Daylight Inn in Station Square, Petts Wood East. Quiz night Tuesdays (avoid!). Often has a DJ at the weekends. The Sovereign of the Seas is on the West side a poplular Weatherspoons pub, but I don't like it. There is also a small wine bar called Bradley's
- Petts Wood was built by a Methodist organisation which banned pubs. The Daylight Inn got around this rule by being built on the site of the original estate office in the 1930s, and therefore isn't part of Petts Wood. It's a dreadful pub, but it was all we had until the early 1990s, when JD Wetherspoon got around the rule and opened The Sovereign of the Seas in what used to be a Circle K. The Sovereign used to be my local and a fantastic friendly pub, but it seems to have gone downhill lately - and it's been painted green...
- Litterally two. - The Daylight Inn in Petts Wood east, or the Sovereign of the Seas over the railway tracks in Petts Wood West. The Daylight is big old and crap. The Sovereign is a Wetherspoons chain pub - and one painted bright green inside for that matter.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Petty Woods, Fins, steady, Fiona Durrant, Lucy, Laura, alice, price2k, Rick, stan Steel, Ann, Rob, Mark Johnson, Stuart Hedges, generic, J Harris, Sue Clark, Jill L, S Clark, mat
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Petts Wood
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Petts Wood Knowhere Board