Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Plumstead, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Plumstead.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Marvin Humes from JLS lives off Herbert Road and his mum still does the whole band still go to MG' cuts on Plumstead Common for their haircuts and the barber there Michael now goes on tour with them Tinie Tempah current uk grime hip hop talent used to live in a semi in Plumstead too.
- Jack Ryder (Jamie Mitchell from Eastenders) used to live between Plumstead and Shooters Hill.
- Dave Coutney lives in a Disneyesque house in Chestnut Rise. Reg Varney started his career playing Piano in the Plumstead Radical Club (definitely not radical anymore)Kate Bush still lives around here and Boy George got out as soon as he could.
- Jacqui Blake and Carrie Askew, otherwise known as the fantastic Shampoo! They went to school round here as well.
- Paddy Bush used to work in Plumstead library (Kate's Bruv)
- Steve Davies bored everyone in plumstead so much he had to go off on his own and practice snooker by himself, which is why he became world champion.
Dave 'they never caught me' Courtney lives here now, but he's a reformed character these days (?)
- Exciting Steve Davis, the Snooker Legend used to live up near Plumcroft school.
- Lee from Blue used to live in a council flat at Heathfield Terrace, Kings Highway, Plumstead with his mum.
- Paddy Bush (Kate's brother) worked in Plumstead library during his school holidays.
- Alex out of big brother (you know the one who didn't like people pissing in the shower) lives in Plumstead somewhere, although I've never seen him. I'd kick him in if I did.
- Steve Davies
Dave Cortney lives on Chesnut Rise although not born in Plumstead
- Gavin Newell, prominent librarian and philosopher.
- Steve Davis (The snooker man) grew up in this place and went to Abbeywood School. Boy George went to the St Peter's Catholic Youth Club in Plumsted
- Ian Wrights from woolwich which is close by. And ganster Dave Courtney is from around the area.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Paul Douglas, dread, Jo', Jo Marples, Ray Star, rob, musicmillse18, mik bishop, Anita, Aaron, JAMIE, stevie patch, adam, Lawz, ian fielding, colin kemp, RM, Dan, David E Clark, Ray, jeff the chef, Theodore Tugboat, Pat Gorman, Simon George, Daniel Martin, generic, D, harjit, Olly
Last updated: 2010-12-21
More stuff about Plumstead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Plumstead Knowhere Board