Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Plumstead.
- lots of greasy spoon cafes and chinese takeaways
- Perfect Fried Chicken, near St Nicholas Park does good spicy wings. And The Chinese at the bottom of Wickham Lane is great, been getting my take-out from there for years, never had a bad experience.
- Lidls!!!! :D
- Good Goan Restaurant in the High Street.
- Decent kebab shop/ fish n chips on swingate lane just up from the old rose cottage school.(CLEAN TIDY DECENT FOOD).
- 'Spice Island' on Plumstead Common Road is excellent..3 course meal with wine for 2 costs about £23.. lots of lovely vegy dishes too, but take cash out though as they don't like cards as they have been ripped off in the past. It has a fab black laquer bar at the back which looks like something from the film like the 'The Bitch'
The Butchers on The Slade does nice takeaway lunch treats such as Ploughmans and Jacket Potatoes for a quid.. Staff really friendly too. And the Fish & Chip/Chinese Takeaway down Kirkham St is a real little gem. Friendly, clean, and they cook your fish fresh while you wait!
Lovely cafes on the High St... spoilt for choice. Some are open for roasts/fry ups on Sun for clubbers off the no53!
- The pinnacle of Plumstead cuisine is a shiteburger restaurant (also known as starburger). Just make sure they cut the tail off your 'burger' before you eat it... star-burger isn't an anagram of rats-burger for nothing you know!!
- Lees Kitchen, Wickham Lane. Excellent Chinese takeaway.
- Spice Island on Plumstead Common Road - Complete Meal for 2 with wine: £23!.. Excellent curry and tandoori house. House wine ain't bad either. Recommended! Cash only though.
- The Atlantic fish bar opposite the CO-OP is nice, big portions of chips.
There's a noodle bar up on Plumstead Common Road which aint bad, but a bit pricey.
Pizza and Pasta on Plumstead High Street is pretty good and the deliver free of charge.
- Spice Iland (Indian) on Plumstead common - v.good but service abit dodgey.
Kims Chip Shop in the 'Dip' - excellent
A V. good noodle bar where the Bloomfield Pub used to be.
Hertbert Road is packed with take-aways including a good Indian also a Halal take-away.
- The chippy on Plumstead Common Road.
- Kebabs, Chinese, indian, and fish and chips
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Paul Douglas, dread, Jo', Jo Marples, Ray Star, rob, musicmillse18, mik bishop, Anita, Aaron, JAMIE, stevie patch, adam, Lawz, ian fielding, colin kemp, RM, Dan, David E Clark, Ray, jeff the chef, Theodore Tugboat, Pat Gorman, Simon George, Daniel Martin, generic, D, harjit, Olly
Last updated: 2010-12-21
More stuff about Plumstead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Plumstead Knowhere Board