Buskers, Street Entertainers in Plumstead, Greater London*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Plumstead.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- herbert road is full of strange odd characters
- Lots of street theatre here, mainly young drug addicts doing the "I've just crashed my car and need £3.50 for a bus pass" routine.
- The Hippyish man with long grey hair who used to work in Victoria Wine on the Slade.Everyone seems to know him... last time I saw him, he told me about a conversation he had with a crow who was pecking a fag box on Winn common. Seriously.
- There's a geezer who walks up and down plumstead high street who's a ringer for bin laden, but wears a purple shell suit and pink fez.. I think he's got a few issues. Also there's some mad, ginger, crack-whore woman who tries to scam gullible passers by holding out an empty petrol can saying her car's run out of fuel and can you lend her a couple of quid so she can fill it up. Stay away from the scabby grotbag before she puts gypsy's curse on ya.
- A famous underworld (reformed I expect, seen him on telly) character lives in a gaudy house converted from two once nice looking houses. Dave's house has to be seen to be believed.
- The long haired guy who works in 'Victoria Wine' some evenings. You would know him as he always has Procul Harlem or Grateful Dead on the sound system. He will engage you in conversation about how he was riding across Winn Common on his bike and had a conversation regarding substance abuse, with a large crow who was pecking a fag packet...
- Watching the junkies and derelicts on the common talking at trees
- only beggers.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Paul Douglas, dread, Jo', Jo Marples, Ray Star, rob, musicmillse18, mik bishop, Anita, Aaron, JAMIE, stevie patch, adam, Lawz, ian fielding, colin kemp, RM, Dan, David E Clark, Ray, jeff the chef, Theodore Tugboat, Pat Gorman, Simon George, Daniel Martin, generic, D, harjit, Olly
Last updated: 2010-12-21
More stuff about Plumstead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Plumstead Knowhere Board