Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Pontefract.
- Abdul's on Southgate is quite good for Indian food.
- Blackamoor Head. Great, plentiful, cheap good priced food cooked by proper chefs.
- Abdul's on Southgate, (takeaway, Indian).
- Oasis...its nasty but it fills a void...
but the best kebab house is nice...and open till like...4am!
- viceroy, shummi
- Spoilt 4 Choice on Gillygate!!!
- chatanoogas oasis and charcoal grill (another place where I get discounts)
- Salmonella Cafe!!!! Full english brekkie - Town Centre!!!! Minted
- plus 1 wa good not sure now?
- take aways i oni recomend for when uve had a nite out cos u wont it the stuff they sell when ur sober. plus 1 (next to data cars), chatnugas (round the back near cromwells), oasis (top of town), vice roy (near haribo) n if uve been at kikos n cant be bothered to walk back into town centre bit there is a mobile food thingy across the road. go just before u go home thou cos kikos bouncers never let u bk in without u payin agen. if they do its a bloody rarity.
- mcdonalds and kfc are ok but you wanna get down to chatanooga's near to the salvation army
- Pontefract Charcoal Grill.
- The fish shop at the bottom of Box Lane (on the way to Yorkshire Penny) is greatand the owners really nice
- Oasis/Charcoal Grill are always great at 3am, just remember to try not to steal the lettuce :s
- Mama Mias beautiful and a laugh when you're with the girls
- Green Burger (Parks outside the bogs next to Bar 12).
Chilly's on Finkle Street. Watch the speed of service by the stoned lame kid.
- The Malt Shovel weekdays and there evening meals are spectacular!!
- Get yourself over to the "Plus 1" takeaway in the cornmarket. Best Pizza's in Ponte !!
- Little cafe on Chequerfield Circle, great English grub at cheap prices.
- Kiko's and Blackie for a good dose of salmonella!
- Plus 1 pizza
- Canto cheif. Now this has to be one of the best in the country.
Larger protions enough to feed two. They get a lot of custom from the Hospital.
- KFC - always queing out of the door, Plus One Pizza's over 2hours for 1 small pizza and 2 chips to deliver - don't bother
- plus 1, KFC
- Chatts, GARLIC & TOMATO OVER HERE !!!!!!
- If you can't decide want to eat - just think: Fuck it, and have a bucket!
That's a bargain bucket from KFC!
- Sandwiches are freely available at Marks and Spencer between 9am and 10am. For the more discerning, jumbo sausage rolls are available at Greggs and Malcom's during daylight hours.
- Mama Mia's - Great Italian
- KFC, although it's always running out of chicken! Oh, and McDonald's if you wanna get ripped off with some expensive but tiny burger and hang around with boy racers.
- KFC, where a bargin bucket costs only 9.99!! rip off!!!!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: b atkinson, Samantha Johnson, laura, mark, jim, xabbix, Sid Falk, duncan massey, Nodaftasaurus, Austin Crowther, Faye Sidaway, Gareth, James, Cazza, unstable eddy, drunkenmunky, Mil8, arne thon, lauren, johnpenk, Barlox, Steve Bailey, Chris Knight, adam, Stuart Hargreaves, bob the builder, sandoo, Michael., Martin Crane, Daniel Moore, marie, adele, aidan, nicola, Harry, analsoda, Stewart Groom, Shaun Wager, Jane, elaine, June Spencer, Monty, soffie, jez, Dippy Dave, zara battye, Shaun Burdon, Mandy Clark, jason hoare, Helen, emma, tj, nigs, Martin Joll, generic, joe, Danny, hihat, SKETTY OOPS, jack burrow, tom, terry t, toni karpow, steve kerry, LiMO., matthew wright, Lee, Choci, Sparky, Hannah, Carol Ferndale, Rushie, Alexandra, Andy
Last updated: 2008-05-27
More stuff about Pontefract
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Pontefract Knowhere Board