Arts, crafts and such in Poole, Dorset*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Poole.
Arts, crafts and such
- LopLop gallery Cafe in old the old town, a great new gallery with excellent food, just what Poole needed
- New Crafting and Quilting Shop opened just outside Poole, Dorset. Huge range of Quilting materials, sewing accessories, Crafting materials for Card Making, Scrapbooking and all things crafty. Family run business with friendly people and always willing to listen and help with your crafting needs. New Quilting/Sewing/Crafting Classes just starting so well worth a visit.
- Art gallery on the quay and at Lytchett Matravers there's a little craft centre tucked away that sells all sorts of interesting items. a great way to browse away a rainy afternoon, and they have a good tea room.
- Poole Arts Centre has been given £9m funding and is being transformed into a trendy new centre called "The Light House".
- ELEMENTAL in the Dolphin Centre (upstairs near the carpark) is the best for cool jewellery and clothes - very cheap too!
- the courtyard centre, lytchett minster. buy or make stuff, can even get fed and buy a drink!
- Poole arts centre, opposite the bus station. Little shops on the high street and the Potteries on the Quay.
- Check out Volcanoe and Lush both situated in the high street.
- Volcano on the High Street has some wicked jewellery, and Lush at the bottom of the High Street sells fab bath stuff.
- Bookshops: Ottakars is very good.
- The Waterfront Museum at the end of the High Street is OK.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Daniel Baker, Benedict Walmisley, Paul Dredge, martin, Will, Guy Dickinson, Ben Foden, Jim, Ashley, Stu, wesley philpot, Dave McLeod, Daniel, Louise Ingram, debbie, addfox, kel, Peter Croft, Emma, Robert Stone, Dan Baker, Graham Shaw, Dominique, Kit Kat, p. fooks, pete kinsey, Bernard, tom hirst, Jeff, Gronk, Nick, ugly, phat phil, Steve Bristow, Deborah, Angela Clarke, mel, steve holman, Simon, Lizzie, Amy, Nick Smith, Robert, Jan D, Matthew Dunne, Mike O'Neill, Bob, adam harvey, Phil Preece, Archibald Brown, patricia, helen, Roy, ian, alan, Tony Quinn, ray wills, Dawn, jane, jack, Sue, rex lewis, john randall, me, Tony Payne, sam, kieron, dave edwards, generic, Andy Peterson, daisy, chris crook, Sam T, Gary, Sof, Dominique Scott, Doug Livermore, weighty, Jo, Bob T, Plav, irene Reeve, Mike Mason, John Hart, Sam Smith, Frank, dave lee, jack lumber, Liam , ElevenEleven Recordings, Ester, cosanostra, Lee, David George, Manish, John, Stuart, Andy, sue mitchener, Gary Stevens, Steve, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Poole
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Poole Knowhere Board