Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in Poole, Dorset*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about Poole.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Guitar Mania on Ashley Rd have a decent selection of acoustic, electric and bass guitars. From cheapies to £10k PRS Custom Shop stuff lots of good gear.
- There are only a couple of musical instrument shops in Poole and the previous reviewer cannot be aware of the massive guitar department at Absolute Music...there are over 20 guitars in stock with the area's largest selection of USA guitars from Gibson ,PRS,Fender,Hamer and the largest bass department in southern england stocking used high end USA basses ...this place is THE place to visit...plus and here's the really good bit ..an in store guitar workshop with 2 full time guitar techs working in it ...you have to see it to believe it...plus all the recording equipment they stock and live PA gear with speaker by Mackie ,RCF and BOSE..........these guys are massive with a 12500 square feet warehouse at Wallisdown to hold mail order stock ..this is the largest music store in the area.......check it out...it will blow you away
- I've read so much un-solicited and wrongly opinionated bs this website should be shut down ! Let's go over the FACTS: there are 4 music shops in Poole, all good at what they specialise in. Guitar Mania is best for guitars, Poole Music is a good family all rounder, Absolute Music Solutions is best for high tech and studio gear and finally Poole Percussion for ALL your drum needs. I've dealt with all these shops and they are fine as long as you stick to their area of expertise ! Don't go buying a guitar from Absolute Music or a mixing desk from Guitar Mania etc etc
- Poole Percussion is alive and kicking and on the move to bigger and better premises by toys r us on the nuffield industrial estate opening 1/1/2007
- Guitar Mania - ashley rd . upper parkstone
Absolute Music Solutions- Nuffield est. Xcelent for electronic gear
- Poole Music Centre in Falkland Square.
- The best by far is Guitar Mania in Parkstone. I found them to be very helpful and they spent a lot of time with me and I came away with a very good deal on a new Taylor. Much better then those miserable guys at Oasis in Ringwood, I was watched over and guarded at all times, very uncomfortable, very expensive too.
- There's a place ion the covered part next to the car park that's on top of WH Smiths.
- Poole Music Centre
- Poole Music Centre in Falkland Square is great for most things. They can order music in too, which Achille Roma don't do.
Just for info, Poole Percussion is alive and kicking.
- There is a decent one on Ashley road, guitars mainly.
- Best place to look is Ashley Road in Parkstone, a choice of 3 or 4
- Poole Percussion is OK, if it hasn't closed down by now...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Daniel Baker, Benedict Walmisley, Paul Dredge, martin, Will, Guy Dickinson, Ben Foden, Jim, Ashley, Stu, wesley philpot, Dave McLeod, Daniel, Louise Ingram, debbie, addfox, kel, Peter Croft, Emma, Robert Stone, Dan Baker, Graham Shaw, Dominique, Kit Kat, p. fooks, pete kinsey, Bernard, tom hirst, Jeff, Gronk, Nick, ugly, phat phil, Steve Bristow, Deborah, Angela Clarke, mel, steve holman, Simon, Lizzie, Amy, Nick Smith, Robert, Jan D, Matthew Dunne, Mike O'Neill, Bob, adam harvey, Phil Preece, Archibald Brown, patricia, helen, Roy, ian, alan, Tony Quinn, ray wills, Dawn, jane, jack, Sue, rex lewis, john randall, me, Tony Payne, sam, kieron, dave edwards, generic, Andy Peterson, daisy, chris crook, Sam T, Gary, Sof, Dominique Scott, Doug Livermore, weighty, Jo, Bob T, Plav, irene Reeve, Mike Mason, John Hart, Sam Smith, Frank, dave lee, jack lumber, Liam , ElevenEleven Recordings, Ester, cosanostra, Lee, David George, Manish, John, Stuart, Andy, sue mitchener, Gary Stevens, Steve, paul
Last updated: 2012-06-14
More stuff about Poole
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Poole Knowhere Board