Skateboarding Spots in Poole, Dorset*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Poole.
- Okay guys heres a few spots: You got baiter skatepark near poole park, its got some pretty sweet transitions, including a 4 and half foot spine. Outside baiter carpark at the entrance theres this long path, really smooth that runs parallel with the old train tracks, turn the first left and there some flats with tons of great skate sports including two, three and four stairs, bush gap and a very dangerous but awesome four foot ledge with a four foot gap to the other ledge, for experienced skateboarders only. Make the most of the time because its likely you will be sent out within the first ten mins.
- Under Fleetsbridge bridge near B&Q
- slades farm, (near winton boys)
- go to the quay the ledges r good and the white barrier behind the new flats is good 4 grindin
- the best street spots are old orchard and in front of the litehouse but the secruity guards round their are assholes.
- Boarding, biking and blading on the Quay is fine for us cool young dudes but is hardly fair on loads of other people who enjoy sitting on the wall and watching everything else going on - so we reckon its only fair to stick to the place they built us not far away at Baiter
- There's a skating place in I think it's Baiter Park which is quite big but there's also just one ramp in between the road bridges near PC World etc.
- Baiter and Rossmore are the main skater parks but car parks are good too!!!
- Old Orchard, a marble 3 set & devils kitchen near holes bay a nice ledge and bumpy brick 1/4
- BAITER PARK obviuosly and the two grind rails they have one in the park and one at gus gurillas [near the mini train]
- Sloped coping miniramp: Fleetsbridge - end of B&Q car park. There's another at Warbler Rd in Upton. Street course with miniramp & rails: next to Leisure Centre at Rossmore Community College. Free/open access.
Baiter skatepark is floodlit till 10pm.
- Ok listen up, if I tell u loads of spots u cant crowd them out like at baiter...Behind the train station, there's a decent ledge for doing stuff off, but its too lumpy to grind, various heights. There's also a kinda 1/4 made of bricks, slow 'n' bumpy but good for learning. In the station itself, a kinda wallride thing by the taxi bay if ur good enough, and a three set with bad surface transition.Also a flat bank or 2 lying around. In Poole Park there's some stairs which are nice 'n' sk8able, a 5 and a 7. The 5 is ok, the run-ups curved but its not a big set, the 7 is part of the bowlin green so you get 1 or 2 attempts before you get chucked off by the groundsman. I won't even mention the ankle height rails which have no run-up. The lighthouse(formally Poole Arts)is pretty good with 2 3sets, a decent ollie gap and some waxed up marble benches, lots of combos available here, also some balls for ollies, on the highstreet check out old orchard a beaute 3 set made of marble with many possiblities other sets along the way. Poole Quay with its new sea defences, almost but not quite unskateable there are some areas if u go looking. Car parks, rails flatbanks just look and youl find something, just dont do it on sundays, thats my day.
- do not g to baiter unless u r a dick ride street and piss of security guards.
- Station street spot is getting busy, also lots of kooks trying out Baiter which is starting to stack up.For all the latest news on all the local spots check out-www.southcoastunderground.co.uk
- In Poole park, theres some concrete benchs (like those ones in London on the Blueprint video), every so often they get capped with concrete blocks, but these get knocked off. Also some small crappy rails that the council built, that have no run up and are ankle high.
- New Skateboard park opened down at Harbourside Park in October ... known to the rest of us as Baiter ... nice work Funseekers .. you made it happen
- Poole Youth Action Group (aka Marcus, Lee, Olly & Jean) have petitioned Poole Council for a skate park for Poole Town Centre. Watch press (February week commencing Feb 23 onwards)for further details. Please add your support by writing to the Echo, Advertiser (c/o Paula Tegerdine) High Street, Poole, or direct to Poole Borough Council.
- the train station has a bit behind it with three ramps (part of the landscaping i believe), but bmx's go there too.
- Rest in pieces Littledown you'll b missed
New "park" set up at Canford Heath - very small, free,
- Slades Farm, Wallsdown: First generation council park. Horseshoe shaped with banked freestyle area and very tight bowl. Bowl recently re-surfaced by a local skater. Rest is disintegrating Ñ from heavy usage.
- About ten or so steps outside Barclays building....beware, big brother is watching.
- tax office poole high street. three dreamlike marble steps that grind like your mum! caution: there can be the infamous security guard who holds a firm disliking for the beautiful grinding sound , but he's slow and old so dont let him put you off.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Daniel Baker, Benedict Walmisley, Paul Dredge, Will, Guy Dickinson, Ben Foden, Jim, Ashley, wesley philpot, Dave McLeod, Daniel, Louise Ingram, debbie, addfox, kel, Peter Croft, Emma, Robert Stone, Dan Baker, Graham Shaw, Dominique, Kit Kat, p. fooks, pete kinsey, Bernard, tom hirst, Jeff, Gronk, Nick, ugly, phat phil, Steve Bristow, Deborah, Angela Clarke, mel, steve holman, Simon, Lizzie, Amy, Nick Smith, Robert, Jan D, Matthew Dunne, Mike O'Neill, Bob, adam harvey, Phil Preece, Archibald Brown, patricia, helen, Roy, ian, alan, Tony Quinn, ray wills, Dawn, jane, jack, Sue, rex lewis, john randall, me, Tony Payne, sam, kieron, dave edwards, generic, Andy Peterson, daisy, chris crook, Sam T, Gary, Dominique Scott, Doug Livermore, weighty, Jo, Bob T, irene Reeve, Mike Mason, John Hart, Sam Smith, Frank, dave lee, jack lumber, Liam , ElevenEleven Recordings, Ester, cosanostra, Lee, David George, Manish, John, Stuart, Andy, sue mitchener, Gary Stevens, Steve, paul
Last updated: 2011-12-15
More stuff about Poole
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Poole Knowhere Board