Pubs in Porthcawl, Bridgend*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Porthcawl.
- THE LORELLI IS BY FAR THE GREATEST PUB KNOWN TO MAN AND IS WORTH TRAVELLING TO PORTCAWL JUST TO SAMPLE THE GEUST ALES AND REAL LARGERS AND BEUTIFUL FOOD ITS RUN BY THE NICEST PEOPLE AND ALWAYS GARUNTEED A WARM WELCOME . OTHER THAN THAT THE SEAGULL , THE FAIR WAYS
- Theres plenty
- porthcawl pubs
- Chicos and the knights have shut down but the marine is still the best pub in the word with the best juke box, beer and ladys.
- the knights arms has now closed for good
- YES OF COURSE THE PARTY IN THE PANTS!
ALL WELCOME AND FREINDLY OWNED BY MY GOOD MATE GREG DYKE .
- THE NIGHTS IN TOWN IS A GAY PUB WHERE LOCAL MEN AND WOMEN MEET !
MUST WHERE LEATHERS TO GET IN
- knights arms is the place 2 be on a sat nite. banning tunrs played all throughout the nite.a massive range of songs are played it also has a gr8 atmosphere.to b enjoyed by anyone who is out 4 a good time!
- Avoid the Rock Inn at all costs.Its full of alcholics,bums and criminals,and thats just the bar staff.Mind you if you like a pint at nine in the morning then this is the place for you.
- Fresh faced crowds at Streets more than the Apollo I believe, although in the summer and the tourist season hits, its all types. lol.
- ITS GREAT TO SIT ON NOTTAGE GREEN ON A SUMMERS EVENING, PINT IN HAND, SUN GOING DOWN CAN`T BEAT IT.
AND THE SAME FOR ANY OF THE PUBS ON THE SEA FRONT.
- not bad but they are more desiged for porthcawls lovely visitors huh
- MARINE - the only place where kids (generally) don't hang out!
- MARY, IT WAS 15 YEARS AGO!!!!
- I LOVE THE MARINE XXX
- yeah rite!!
- The Seaways used to be ok for underage drinking, and the Brentwood. All the rest of the pubs are shite, but its good to see your mates out.
- The bar in the Globe
- The Swan for all the Bud drinkers and for May Day - Rose&Crown green
- THERE'S ONLY ONE MARINE F.C!
- quite a good choice but dont bother going to the farmers as it is full of wannabe popstars who like to sing to each other on tuesday nights. i mean if they were that good would they still be singing around the pubs???
- gotta be the marine, only groovy pub in porthcawl and is well cheap. quad vodka and red bull £4.50! bifta
plus a rocking jukebox and the delights that are keith and john :-)
- THE GLOBE - A REAL DRINKING BAR
- The Knights is too busy, the youth of POrthcawl should find somewhere else. The thing about Porthcawl is once you get your qaulifications you're outta there, the people left behind are either under 18, over 80 or retards and can only get a job in Porthcawl. The result is minors (not coal minors) going to the pubs and clubs, it works beautifully because the police realise we're better off inside a well run pub or club than causing trouble on the streets.
- All pubs in Porthcawl accept people who are spending their Mothers Family allowance.
- The Swan in Nottage. Exellent beer, cheapest in Porthcawl, Great atmosphere, full everynight. And the lunchtime meals are as good as anywhere in Wales.
- Life boat rules
- The Knight's Arms - Where Kids Wait For Their Parents To Pick Them Up After A Swift Pint And A Fumble With A Sixth Former In The "Beer Garden" (read:poorly lit back alley)
The Marine - Drop Outs R Us
Chico's - Trendy's R Us...ace cocktails though.
- MARINE IS THE BEST ON A HOT SATURDAY AND NIGHT. CHICOS IS GOOD FOR THIER COCKTAILS. KNIGHTS IS OK, BUT IT'S FULL OF TEN YEAR OLDS.
- The biggest and best pub in town has to be The Marine on the sea front ,three pool tables loud varied Rock/Pop juke box and live Sky Sports , not to mention some of the cheapest beer around .
- The Knights Arms (young drinkers a go-go), The Pier, The Sportsmans, Loads of hotel bars as well.
- The Marine on the Prominade has to be the best, especially in summer, as they have a beer garden in the front over-looking the sea!! But beware, it is quite a 'local' pub.
- Green Man, Chicos, Wine Bar The Esp, The Swan
- The Jolly Sailor in Newton - excellent beer - try the SA or the Boys. Old mans quiz on a Sunday and all the latest on the allotments.
- the marine, the swan in nottage village, or for a complete scary time the cabin bar in the manor suite next to the fair
- The Marine, also on the seafront is a great place for watching the world go by, and getting a tan. ( plenty of benches outside) Doubles for £1.20 and always a pint or a bottle for a quid.
- Chico's, the green man, the sportsman and in the summer outside the Anchor Bar on the front
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lynz, kayley, John Guilar, jenny, Liam (Blond fool) Murphy, stace, Jennifer Higgins, guff, Chris, Xalia, Boots, Dave Hedgehog, Rachel Carlson, THE LOST RAG SOCIETY, Alan Jenkins, lisa watkins, James, jessica john, alex, Fred, Siya, huw, hraefn00, linda coleman, Lenny Lifeguard, Laura, steve, martin joyce, john rice, ronnie kary, scott, Alex Evans, Richard, SARA EVANS, JANE HOYLE, Emily, James Palmer, A Clark, Gladys, ginny, Vicki Price, Aimee xxx, Adam Phillips, CB, Jon Mo, kendall, bb, Laszlo, john, cymraeg.one, ziggy, jane rees, Mitch, Pagan, Dai's try's, a trogg, generic, G, Laura Lovely, Sam, Yall, kc, victoria obrian, THE BOOT, Stuart LT Jones, GOBBER, Anthony JONES, princess, josh_pro, Anon, Steven Flett, david ore, mathew joseph, dookiez, guitarmainstream.com, Gareth Lewis, Mike oyle, Gina Parselle, jes, Chris Barnes, daiplum, jon the bon, bob, Gavin, Gemickle, Big Bono
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Porthcawl
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Porthcawl Knowhere Board