Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Portrush, Antrim*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Portrush.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Archie bill
- scary jack
- shakey m
- George Bush planned to invade the Skerry Islands if Congress didn't agree to invade Iraq. Boy, didn't we have a narrow escape!
- Digger Wilmount /,/
- Seamus jubbly
- Seamus jubbly
- Graham Gardiner lives about here the Goodies remember
- The Guy from Super Tramp has a pad here
- noddy lives here
- JIMMY NESBITT
- tweet the local dealer everyone likes him then there is david and eddie mullan with there big houses bought with the drug money they r allowed to make because they r touts recording there phone calls to give to the psni they will get theirs
- jano the beat master
- jano the beat master
- FADGE.Stoped smoking three years ago. His pipe has appearesd occasionally ever since on Ebay."tobaccoania" section.
- Big Davey
- That Twat Nesbit, love his shows but dont like him as he stole my girlfriend as a 14yr old
- Fungus McGringle
- Caroline Quinn aka CQ aka Quinnie aka Woolfie went off to save the world and lived at Greenham Common as well as a selection of other peace camps around the world - still saving the world somewhere in the world.
- SARA RAMAGE
- trev curry?????????
- Joe Abdul
- the Fat controller aka the ring master.
- The wicker man and his magic car ;-}
- James Nesbitt, Sarah Travers
- Big Barney
- Captain JJ Kidd was born at Greenock, in Scotland, and being bred as a sailor he eventually became known as the "Wizard of the Seas." Having quitted his native country, he resided, where he became owner of a small vessel, with which he traded among the pirates, obtained a thorough knowledge of their haunts, and could give a better account of them than any other person whatever.
- Hairey McFairy
- Randy Vanwarmer has a holiday home here.
- Dr Longbone (the 1 & only)
- Chris "PAW, PAW" Tinkler - manager of portrush Yacht Club. Never leave bigman. Place would never be the same. "GIVE UP THEM SMOKIES" !!!!!
- G-Box (Gareth Baxter) from Trogg's, the only GOOD thing from Ballymoney!
- Trev Curry - Artist
- BIG SHAKKA
- Cliffie (Baby) Mason.
- Charlie mcconaghie - you all know him - campaigns for anything and everything! twirly tache!
- chris de burgh has been seen at a take away in causeway street .
- Louis Craig had an annual residency at the Sand Dunes on Easter Mondays of past.
- There are now 28 listed child sex offenders living in Portrush. Dunno about you but that p*sses me right off...
- Bob Cock roft
- The dancing tramp from Bushmills was picked up, hosed down, and deposited in the warmth and restraint of a residential home in Bushmills.
Sammy Woods a superhero - you have to be joking - or a tourist - or both!!!!
- Mickey McAuley did he ever get that EMI deal ???
- Dessie Stewart what a great mayor he will make.
- Christen Alexander good on u .
- Gerry McAlease famous for working with the hit factory on some of Kylieís early numbers.Portrush has lots of local heroes to many to name / u never know who u will bump into on Main St in the summer, some very famous people who donít like the South of France like Chrissie Hinds Ben Elton Ruby Wax and Jack Duckworth from Cornie, This is just a few ive have met here.
- Ozzy Orsborne can be seen in the town sometimes ,He normally stays at that well known Guru's House in Croc-na-mac in the summer time when neither of them are touring.
- Wakey Liken, John Kidd, Robert Crampsie, Buckie McIntyre, Jimmy White, Sean Mc Caughan, Motor World in Causeway street.
- Fidel Castro resided briefly,as a boy,in Ramore Street by the harbour.
Mickey Wiggins,the last hung Irishman,was born in Quarry Court in Portrush in 1907.
John "jj" Kidd (see Musical Instrument Shops).
- Brian Logan or not.
Stewart Chalmers lighting engineer.
Dessie Stewart .
Tony McIntyre great Guy.
Norman Hillis tv star.
- Fidel Castro lived in Ramore Street during his childhood.
- Willie Bacon
- Dessie Stewart The Firepish 10 4 goodbuddy 1979
- Sir Walter Scott
- bucky mcintyre well known for his words of wisdom,
- darren clark owns a house here.
- BILLY SMARTS!!!!!!!!!!!
- Apart from myself....sorry I have no idea.
- Christina Agrilera lived at 14 randal park when she was six!!
- All the members of P.C.D.G. (Keep up the good work!!)
- Portrush is its own claim to fame! Who needs celebrities?
- James Simmons, poet and singer, lived in Kerr Street for a time.
- Bopper,Paul Johnson and the rest of the lads.
- Fyfe Ewing from Therapy.
- Ask any of the locals and they will tell you that one of the British Open Golf champions is from the area...even plays at the Portrush Golf Course. Naturally, he is so famous that I don't remember his name!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: adrian culbertson, fuckmeyaknobdanglin'smeltmonger, jill, Chris Burke, davy shaw, annonymous, rose, donkey, MISS PORTRUSH, rodney byrne, Mehair O'Hall, Cloughorr, norman hillis, DOWNWITSCALLIES, Faisal Chittothayil, Hells Bells Roden, Jimmy Kelly, jon, Stevie Wonder, Adele Stevenson, windy millar, norman cantley, kate roden, mo, Mr Benn, Jimmy Cramsie jnr, jonny, hector hall, graeme, Barry, charlie Mcguire, Erin McMahon, Rindy, Freddy Crugger, benny hill, Hugh, Steven, Andy McCann, Noel Kane, Big Bill, May Cheung, Samantha Allen, slaine browne, Sam Johnston, John Smith, Kitty, deb, stu-daddy, stephen donaghey, nicola, Holy Cow, ned goldmember, Aidy, Ana Bell, Jack Harris, julie, We Arty, james kelly, david diamond, jennifer forsythe, paula, Buckie McIntiyre, k, ciara, kathy, Willie Ross, KATIE GREER, Bungee Boy, J.Lee, Frances McLernon, Patch, Stephen Clements, Chris Walker, noel mc avennie, ivan quinn, Glen, charlie sammons, dessie stewart, sam allen, clem howard, Jed Doherty, Anon, jamesandlynn, Theo, Brian Logan, slaine, Seb Project, Maureen Dealey, Victoria Young, earthie, windy miller, garyhassin, Homer Simpson (nothing to alan), Billy Gergg snr, amy, LuvableChicky, Andy, cassandra, bertie flange, harry, Cliford Mason, billy splinter, THOMAS JOHNSTON, Kenny Shaw, Simon Anderson, Angus Strimmer, Pat Elliot, stinky pete, Damien Mc Faul, sir john scott, anchor, emma sutcliff, brown, zap495, Victor the painter, James E Bunger, Vincent Price, neevy, pedro, Chris Rainey, with-held, Gary McDowell, richard dick, benny, Andy Collen, Seamus jubbly, Julie Millen, Gareth, Darren Anderson, kel, Terry Jackson, Martha Platt, weebabs, fluffy, dave, Tricia Sullivan, Fergal Odowed, Helen Roden, Samuel Woods, Celine, mavis lamont, Dessie Bongo , steve, annabell, Ali Bookuin, hollie, colette, SCOTT FRASER, Brian Walsh, bam bam, shakie tool box, cherise walden, chiefie morrow, mark mccormick, davina sands, RABBY, George McAlpine, popt, dancing tramp from bushmills, Jack Almond, MATEY, JD, lydia, Ben Phillips, michael stone, CARLY RAMAGE, Jas, joanne, Mr Knox, kewlchick, Noddy, GOD, generic, Tony burns, lesa keenan, stax, charlie kyle, tick, Bridie Otoole, tracy taggart, Seamus Brolly, davey shaw, willie puf puf, John Kidd, Sarah, Leonard Clapton, conns, Sparky, RYAN CONNOR, earthie79, Richard Carey, Mickey Redeyes, chris fisher, Richy
Last updated: 2012-05-01
More stuff about Portrush
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Portrush Knowhere Board