Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Putney, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Putney.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Jack Whitehall and his father Michael. Both legends.
- David Luiz, Chelsea footballer, lives near Putney Bridge.
- John Griffiths from 'International Velvet' (1978)
- Peter King, the greatest also saxophonist on the planet.
- Jasmin Le Bon shops in Huttons, as do quite a few tennis players when Wimbledon is on.
- Barry Sheene used to live on Deodar Road, a couple fo doors down from Roy Plomley of Desert Island Discs fame
- Amanda Burton's daughters go to Putney High School - have seen her in the morning trudging up Putney Hill sans make-up
- Tony Adams lives up the road in Roehampton.
Julia Carling used to don't know if she still does.
Pete Murray (old dj)
- Shirley Conran lives in Putney. Her, who wrote them books and was married to Terry Conran (Tezza to his mates).
- Martin Clunes, Liz Earle
- That woman off of Newsnight no not the Scottish one the other one.
- Simon and Jasmin Le Bon, they live up towards Barnes somewhere. Jasmin is lovely.
- The gorgeous Glenn Hugill form Coronation Street is an ex-resident.
The wierd vicar from Eastenders (the one Sarah hang out with, not Mel's brother)from a few years back.
Simon Le Bon and family
Tony Adams used to go to AA meetings opposite my house.
- Tony Hart, Rolf Harris' Animal hospital is here, I saw Leslie Grantham in the high street
- Bob Chambers
- Jilly Cooper
Saw Paul Merton in the OUr Price once
- I have seen Tony Adams (Arsenal Footballer) about 5 times in Putney so I presume he lives in the area.
- Colin Stagg (shudder)
- David Mellor. (hahaha!) Virginia Bottemly also went to school here.
- Jilly Cooper. Nerys Hughes. My next door neighbour claims he's Elvis.
- The scene of a cringe-making dialogue between David Mellow and Sir James Goldsmith on election night 1997.
- Never forget Rodney Bewes, and what about William Franklin (what about him?)...
- Sue Lawley
- Simon the Crazy Englishman resides in Putney!
- Mr Richard Whitton sporting celeb.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Andrew Georgiou, Tim Brooke, Peter Smith, Joe Maguire, Fleur Diston, Laurence, stu, Hal, kim, James Bridle, james, k, mike, Richard Fallon, Sue Brooks, acsjackson, john, tommy hopper, Mikey, David Tedora, John Scott, generic, Anna Thorpe, Steve Fletcher, Susannah Chalmers, Katie, sohail qadri, Subodh, Marky, Karen Holcombe, Christian Rudolf, Christine, catherine, Brian, verne christensen, Mark Townend, Cory, ifteqar khan, Alex Young, Shintaro Kanaoya, Nick, Becki Andrew, Rachel, Jo Browne, Steve McCartney, sandi, Karen, Mr Solo, Adam Wray, Jennifer, matthew jones-parry, Zena Gaudino, Bob Chambers, Lilly Lacey, remysgal, bec, Gemma, bill, colin
Last updated: 2015-08-06
More stuff about Putney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Putney Knowhere Board