Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Putney.
- Odeon on the high street
- fuck the putney cinema. it's only got 4 screens!!!
- Pretty good- same as any other Odeon around
- ABC Putney had character, charm and friendly staff. Most memorable was the charming Mr John Griffths - the ex-General Manager who always greeted customers with a smile. Unfortunately, it became an Odeon. Mr Griffiths left. Enough said.
- Knock it down and rebuild it!
- Lovely Putney Cinema. Doesn't matter how many times it gets a makeover, it's sill just the crappy old ABC where a guy that was sat behind me and my mum pissed in his seat during some film we watched.
- Crummy Odeon
- Ha! Putney ABC Cinema is great for one reason. DOT!!! She is the lady who takes the ticket and mindlessly informs you which screen, even though they tell you what films are showing on each screen above the respective door. Dot is about 3 foot tall with a hunchback and a squint and is always there. Apart from weekends when she doesn't work yet still all her fans (numbering 2) ask the confused attendents that work on her day off where she is. It's worth popping in to the cinema to meet Dot, who rocks.
- Do NOT watch anything on Screen 3 at the Putney cinema - it's lodged between screens 1 & 2 - your film is likely to be drowned out by the noise from the other 2.
- a good cinema set up - better than others in locality.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Andrew Georgiou, Tim Brooke, Peter Smith, Joe Maguire, Fleur Diston, Laurence, stu, Hal, kim, James Bridle, james, k, mike, Richard Fallon, Sue Brooks, acsjackson, john, tommy hopper, Mikey, David Tedora, John Scott, generic, Anna Thorpe, Steve Fletcher, Susannah Chalmers, Katie, sohail qadri, Subodh, Marky, Karen Holcombe, Christian Rudolf, Christine, catherine, Brian, verne christensen, Mark Townend, Cory, ifteqar khan, Alex Young, Shintaro Kanaoya, Nick, Becki Andrew, Rachel, Jo Browne, Steve McCartney, sandi, Karen, Mr Solo, Adam Wray, Jennifer, matthew jones-parry, Zena Gaudino, Bob Chambers, Lilly Lacey, remysgal, bec, Gemma, bill, colin
Last updated: 2008-01-22
More stuff about Putney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Putney Knowhere Board