The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Putney, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Putney.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Putney has important historical importance as it was the location for the debates between the Levellers and Oliver Cromwell in 1647. The Putney Debates took place in St Mary's Church.. there's a plaque there now although the original church building was burned down by arsonists.
- World's worst yellow box junction - spend a few minutes watching Putney High Street/Putney Bridge Road.
- The river smells and is full of used condoms/sewage etc...and they tell us that Salmon live there...sure.
- Cromwell was a raping pillager
- Three cinema screen where Pierce Brosnon (new James Bond) saw his FIRST James Bond movie.
- Putney is tops! You have neglected to mention its Leisure Centre, and various parkland spaces in the area. Also, Putney is where the University Boat Race between Oxford and Cambridge begins.
- One of the greatest places you can live in London. It's still relatively cheap, it's easy to get into and out of town. It's getting trendier (Chelsea -> Fulham -> Putney) but is firmly resisting gentrification. It also has THE best delivery service in the world. The Film Studio, which hires out videos, games, games machines is somehow affiliated to Domino's Pizza, so they deliver those as well. Just need to find a place that delivers fags at four in the morning.
- The leisure centre - 33 metre L-shaped swimming pool and it's rather a wonderful building with lots of natural light. Though it now closes early on Sunday evenings (7pm) as well as on Tuesdays and Fridays, which is unforgiveable.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Andrew Georgiou, Tim Brooke, Peter Smith, Joe Maguire, Fleur Diston, Laurence, stu, Hal, kim, James Bridle, james, k, mike, Richard Fallon, Sue Brooks, acsjackson, john, tommy hopper, Mikey, David Tedora, John Scott, generic, Anna Thorpe, Steve Fletcher, Susannah Chalmers, Katie, sohail qadri, Subodh, Marky, Karen Holcombe, Christian Rudolf, Christine, catherine, Brian, verne christensen, Mark Townend, Cory, ifteqar khan, Alex Young, Shintaro Kanaoya, Nick, Becki Andrew, Rachel, Jo Browne, Steve McCartney, sandi, Karen, Mr Solo, Adam Wray, Jennifer, matthew jones-parry, Zena Gaudino, Bob Chambers, Lilly Lacey, remysgal, bec, Gemma, bill, colin
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Putney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Putney Knowhere Board