Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Radcliffe, Greater Manchester*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Radcliffe.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- john spencer (snooker)
- SIr Garfield Sobers West Indian cricketer once lived in Ulundi street Radcliffe
- The one who was in Corrie, and then a lesbian copper in the Bill. Jane Dawson is it?
- leanne battersby from coronation st & neville southall, the goalkeeper
- Danny Boyle (filmmaker), John Spencer, Giant Haystack's son, Madge Hindle(?) (Coronation Street), A relative of Max Wall.
- Roger Moore (of 'The Saint' & 'Bond') lived for a short time at the top of Stand Lane. Used to pop into the little Post Office at St Andrew's occasionally.
- danny boyle (trainspotting)
- Sir Garfield Sobers used to live in Radcliffe while playing for the cricket club.
Sir Frank Worrell used to live in Radcliffe while playing for the cricket club.
The cricket club once signed Waqar Younis as professional just before he was famous but he had to then decline as he was selected for Pakisan touring side.
- Danny Carr Pools winner in the 1970s
- Former World Snooker Champion John Spencer used to live in Radcliffe, & started playing in the snooker hall under Radcliffe Bridge.
Gordon & Isobel Wild, well known for their brilliant comedy routines in musicals staged at Radcliffe Civic Hall, have given up their Radcliffe connections, but live at Sunnybank, Bury.Rumoured to be lined up for a new BBC sit.com.
- Frank Finlay used to live on spring Lane
A kind of loving was filmed in Coronation park!
Danny Boyle (trainspotting etc.)
Frank Worrall & Garfield Sobers (famous cricketers)
- Jane Danson -Leanne Corrie
- Victoria Wood is an ex resident.
- Bet Lynch off corrie is often found wandering about the market
- Leane Battersby. who I used to live nere
- jane danson aka Leanne Tilsley on Coronation street
- Snooker player called Spencer
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dan Jackson, Susan, Russell Turner, Carol T, Skell, Sue Harris, leanne, simon casey, Richard Garland, limpy macstimpy, Chris, Neil Pollard, joanne, Judith Wiles, simon jackson, MJD, generic, James Heyes, Sean Rattigan, email@example.com, Steve Brown, Roy Bolton, Joshua English, Steve Latchford, Clare Woods, mark ohara, Chris Kelman, kevin bentley, Woody Yeeeee!, STUART BUTT, Sarah, jeanette joyce, roy gibson, Spanner, andy, mark bebbington, john d, limpy macscrimpy, A Shaw, stuart, Deborah, s hennessey, Frank wilson, The Shark, sharon conway, David, cityboy, peter, val, Ben H., martin mayers, peturbed, julie.t., Anthony Diggle, graham wilkinson, amy, Graeme, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Radcliffe
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Radcliffe Knowhere Board