Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Radcliffe.
- there are no buildings worth keeping in Radcliffe
- cafe de mong a.k.a domminics due to the clientele who frequent there
- The church at the top of the cross, its over a thousand years old, I first went in at a friends wedding, a true treasure tucked away in the background just on the sharp bend on Dumers lane
- Bridge Methodist Church. Still alive & well, totally revamped inside since the ceiling fell in about 10 years ago, afraid the wooden windows also had to go because of the dry rot. The building is now not only a Church, but also a community centre, all sorts of things going on day & evening, from prayer groups to scrabble club.
- Kelsalls in Radcliffe centre. You can still see the original Radcliffe coat of Arms in the Masonry at the top.
Also, not strictly a building, but the Steam Crane down the canal.
- The bus station - a means of escape!
- my birds house
- The Kwik - Save building.
- My old house (Coventry Road)
- enzos italian restaurant, it used to be a trendy bank !
- Police station, probably the only one in the country where you could commit a crime right outside and get away with it as it's never open and no-one is ever there!!!
- mmmm...Bridge methodist church....shame its out of site.
- It has to be radcliffe library. the staff are very helpful. you can go on the internet, use a word processor, and don't forget all those lovely books to borrow! It's also one of the best looking buildings left in Radcliffe.
- Someone mentioned the Bridge Methodist School, behind the Library, Afraid that was demolished many years ago. aprox 9 or 10, after being damaged by firebugs, but the Church is still standing, and believe it or not functioning as a church but has lost something in with its UPVC windows
- Bridge Methodist school, behind the library. Mrs Bostock the teacher. She was fantastic with her bamboo canes.
- The War Memorial opposite the old Town Hall (Now converted into flats for persons on Benefits)is a most moving tribute to the men and women who gave their lives in the two world wars.
- Radcliffe High School
- Is there any likeable building in Radcliffe ?
I like the Kwik save the builing had charactor and alot of history !
- Wilton Mill, the dome of the north and its green!!!!
- Town Hall - currently being made into flats
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dan Jackson, Susan, Russell Turner, Carol T, Skell, Sue Harris, leanne, simon casey, Richard Garland, limpy macstimpy, Chris, Neil Pollard, joanne, Judith Wiles, simon jackson, MJD, generic, James Heyes, Sean Rattigan, email@example.com, Steve Brown, Roy Bolton, Joshua English, Steve Latchford, Clare Woods, mark ohara, Chris Kelman, kevin bentley, Woody Yeeeee!, STUART BUTT, Sarah, jeanette joyce, roy gibson, Spanner, andy, mark bebbington, john d, limpy macscrimpy, A Shaw, stuart, Deborah, s hennessey, Frank wilson, The Shark, sharon conway, David, cityboy, peter, val, Ben H., martin mayers, peturbed, julie.t., Anthony Diggle, graham wilkinson, amy, Graeme, paul
Last updated: 2008-04-01
More stuff about Radcliffe
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Radcliffe Knowhere Board