Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Radcliffe.
- kig georges pak on outwood road its great for meetin up with your mates
- THE SNOOKER CLUB BAR. YOU CAN HOOK UP WITH MANY AN OWD MINGER IN THEER MON.
- Radcliffe has an overwhelming number of places to hang out especially if you like underage drinking, sports wear and stupid behaviour
- Most people seem to meet up at Radcliffe Tram Station with a lot of beer
- st thomas's church opposite the baths is where we used to go to get drunk when we were 11 (joke) possibly 14.used to climb on to the churh roof to avoid the the cops (always fun when your teen drunk)or go to 13 arches(1 arch is blocked in because the glue sniffers used to frequent it until someone gained entry a.k.a devils dungeon
- big dipper on clough meadow
- The bottom of Hawthorn ave between 1975- 79 anyone who didn't get in pubs on this estate hung out here in the evening
- Moss Shaw Shops in the early 80's. Now the kids who hang there are just abusive and witless. Remember one year when it had snowed and PC Siddall came to clear us off. 30 kids, snowballs, one copper? Guess who got it?
- spar on moss shaw way, where u have to be cool to go and get drunk!
- St.Andrews Church wall just off Ainsworth Rd., a great place to get pissed (when you're 14)
- Top of the field on Woodhey Close. The Big D on Cams lane estate near Far Hey.
Remember the small bike track at the bottom of pit street with jumps.
The two trees on Cams Lane although 1 is now cut down and the other is falling down.
- A popular place is Festival Gardens - the bench by Spring Lane. Here all the teenage boozers try and have a sly drink. I know as I keep taking the booze off them..Pc 8052 from Whitefield.
- the bop shop near the bridge inn pub
pauline sillet from radcliffe was in the olympics at swimming
- The old bus station with the smashed windows and filth around
- Has to be the Lord Rag or the Royal oak.....Good pint in the oak
- Moss Shaw shops or Bolton Rd Park
- The hook up spot used to be outside Bob in a car accessory shop on Bolton Road.
Also we all used to hang around Cams Lane School.
Waiting for friends at the top of Bolton Road.
- some kids seem to lurk under the bridge under Pilkington Way - but they are probably the kids your Mum warned you not to play with when you were small!
- The lodges behind Radliffe Borough is a great point to find the scallies
Pilkington Road Park because the offie on the corner will sell you anything
- the bowling green near wordsworth avenue is always good for underaged drinkers
- My mates house on ainsworth rd
- A hook up spot in Radcliffe has to be the car park at the bottom of Ainsworth Road, by the canal!
young teenagers just bought there first car and still dreaming of being old enough to enter that pub they do desperatley want to go in !
- Moss shore way shops (Spar)
- By the library!!!!!
- Pedestrian crossing at the bottom of Ainsworth Road used to be where you met your mates on Saturday day - to go shopping - usually to Bolton but certainly not into Radcliffe Centre which has been shut for the last 20 years
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dan Jackson, Susan, Russell Turner, Carol T, Skell, Sue Harris, leanne, simon casey, Richard Garland, limpy macstimpy, Chris, Neil Pollard, joanne, Judith Wiles, simon jackson, MJD, generic, James Heyes, Sean Rattigan, email@example.com, Steve Brown, Roy Bolton, Joshua English, Steve Latchford, Clare Woods, mark ohara, Chris Kelman, kevin bentley, Woody Yeeeee!, STUART BUTT, Sarah, jeanette joyce, roy gibson, Spanner, andy, mark bebbington, john d, limpy macscrimpy, A Shaw, stuart, Deborah, s hennessey, Frank wilson, The Shark, sharon conway, David, cityboy, peter, val, Ben H., martin mayers, peturbed, julie.t., Anthony Diggle, graham wilkinson, amy, Graeme, paul
Last updated: 2010-05-11
More stuff about Radcliffe
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Radcliffe Knowhere Board