The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Radcliffe.
The Worst Things
- the lockeeper pub.
- the snooker club, and its cross-dressing manager/landlord/thing. uuuurrrrgggghhh.
- The Bogs outside radcliffe market.
- The population of Radcliffe is generally the worst thing about the town uncultured, bigoted and thuggish
- seems that radcliffe has now turned into salford overflow due to all the mongs
- Its just a shame really that the place has almost ground to a halt due to Bury cocentrating on refurbishing Bury town centre and not Radcliffe and the other surrounding towns Whitefield, Prestwich,etc.
- The shops, or lack of a good selection of them
- The worst thing has to be the traffic jams everyday! One way in and one way out. Get it sorted Mr Councilor (You know its true!)
- Being part of Greater Manchester, thus higher insurance premiums, living on Moss Shaw estate, the kids are muppets, the shops are no go areas after 5 o'clock winter or summer, those damn awful overgrown rusty nails on Ainsworth Road, obviously from the props department of Land of the Giants tv series.
- The scrotes who have descended upon the town, who don't contribute, only to bring it down
The people, miserable sods who don't know how to say thank you
Living in this dump for 3 years
- the shitty canal
- Carnival Day
- The actual long time residents are indifferent to the decimation occuring around them, what were once fine homely neighbourhoods are now avenues of filth, broken glass, graffiti and gangs of loudmouth teenage yobs, usuallly drunken and always shouting. Go out to them on any friday night to ask of them "please shut up and move away" and you will find you are the only resident in the street to be doing so, everyone else just hides within. And, do they move when you ask them? of course not, you receive not co-operation but mouthfuls of abuse. You turn your TV up to drown the rats out but still their behaviour penetrates every aspect of your life. I moved here 8 months ago - the house is now sold and on my way I am, thankyou the people of radcliffe!!
- under age drunks
- The carnaval with its 2 floats, 2 cars, 1 brass band, 1 set of dancers, and a man with a bucket that the kids throw money at rather than giving it to him.
- Radcliffe used to be a nice quaint little town full of typical Lanchashire peoples. Iwas born and reard in Radcliffe and no matter where i go she will still be home to me. All the rotten things about Radcliffe can be attributed to the merger with Bury some years ago it was at this point most of the self respect and goodness was sucked out of her. I was back in Radcliffe a few years ago for my dads funeral. And it became very apparent that Radcliffe has become the sespit for Bury.Its time to empty the sespit and return the pride she once had. David Phillips Ex pat and former pupil of Radcliffe High 1974-1979 now living in Belfast Northern Ireland.
- People who come in from outside and slag off the town and people without trying to get to know them.drug addict house breakers.Bury Council
- All the drugs,and the weather and those annoying catalogue canvassers outside the market hall.
- Being part of Bury Metopolitan bourogh but having a mancester post code so we pay high car insurance rates
- The lack of shops
The dirtiness of the people, gardens, paintwork on houses etc.
Schoolkids swearing loudly
lack of places for kids to play safely
no decent clubs for young kids
the mmarket it is just about ridiculous
lack of a decent night out
- Visits from out-of-town yobs, the (disgusting) public toilets, the administration by Bury which seems to have been trying to shut the town down for years and the Radcliffe Times paper which has an er, selective approach to both news items and its choice of Reader's Letters and is painfully PC in everything it prints.
- The smell
- The smelly river
The townies on the street corner trying to look hard
- all the druggies and half-way homes, all the bank robberies and being in Bury metro
- Teenage pregnancys !!!
- Pilkington Way.
- The decay of radcliffe - and those in Bury who let it happen
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dan Jackson, Susan, Russell Turner, Carol T, Skell, Sue Harris, leanne, simon casey, Richard Garland, limpy macstimpy, Chris, Neil Pollard, joanne, Judith Wiles, simon jackson, MJD, generic, James Heyes, Sean Rattigan, firstname.lastname@example.org, Steve Brown, Roy Bolton, Joshua English, Steve Latchford, Clare Woods, mark ohara, Chris Kelman, kevin bentley, Woody Yeeeee!, STUART BUTT, Sarah, jeanette joyce, roy gibson, Spanner, andy, mark bebbington, john d, limpy macscrimpy, A Shaw, stuart, Deborah, s hennessey, Frank wilson, The Shark, sharon conway, David, cityboy, peter, val, Ben H., martin mayers, peturbed, julie.t., Anthony Diggle, graham wilkinson, amy, Graeme, paul
Last updated: 2010-01-03
More stuff about Radcliffe
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Radcliffe Knowhere Board