Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Reigate, Surrey*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Reigate.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Ray Alan, the ventriloquist, lived in Reigate until his death a few years ago
- norman wassisname fat boy slim once lived here apparently he cant stand the place , other bloke from little britian , also out of work beppe from eastenders
- David Walliams from Little Britain (the tall one) went to Reigate Grammar School so i guess he lived in reigate or nearby - fat boy slim also went to RGS
- Andrew Collins of "Collins & Maconie", "Where Did it All Go Right" and lately 6 Music fame lives in Reigate. He's always mentioning the area in his blog, check the 6 music website http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music
- People that live in Reigate are: Judi Dench, George Best and Nick Owen (the newsreader.)Norman Cook aka Fat Boy Slim came from Reigate along with David Walliams from Little Britain. If any of you have seen The Secret Garden you may be interested to know that the little girl that plays the lead also comes from Reigate. Alan Pardew (west ham manager) has been seen drinking in The Tickled Ivory and gets his haircut at Toni and Guy!
- Margot Fonteyn, England's first prima ballerina assoluta was born in Deerings Road.
- Ray Allen, veteran ventriloquist, spotted in the doctors. I hope he's alright.
- ballet lady
- dame judy lives not too far away, as does some news reader and the manager of a premiership team. and me.
- george best shops in safeways
- Kate Maberly, the young star of the 1993 version of The Secret Garden, grew up
- alan minter the ex-world champion middleweight boxer lives in doods road as does dick crippen/coppen of tenpole tudor and king kurt fame
- I saw Bob Holdnes (host of 'Blockbusters') collecting his dry cleaning the other day. Nicholas Owen; the newsreader.
- Mia Farrow and Andre Previn also lived for a while in Reigate (well close by in Leigh actually) I think it was in the late 60's. And of course not to forget Jean Metcalfe from Family Favourites and married to Cliff Michelmore
- well theres some ballet woman whos statue is so scary at night, ahhhhhhhhh!
- Norman Cook (Fat Boy Slim)is a Reigate lad!
(Is it just me or if you were changing your name from Quentin, wouldn't you have chosen something a bit better than Norman!)
- Nick Owen (BBC Royal correspondant)
- I know Cliff Mitchelmore used to live here (probably still does). Wow!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pete T, John Bailey, Richard Coppen, Pat Bateman, spingo, ian, tadpole, l thomas, David Challinor, Chris, mike, alex longhurst, Maria, stoked, Biggs, crazy d, Helen, Rod Thorpe, Andy Pennell, tony t, Daz, Ronnie Bastone, generic, buddy, marjorie, Dudette, Vicky, Becci, Michael, Julian Griffiths, Angie, rob, richard, Jeff, Danny St John-Hall, frederika yockney, Sally Walker, Nick, Matthew Fuller, will, Simon Jones, Chris dale, sal, Jo Malone, tim wilkinson, legs, chris C, Darrell Stroud
Last updated: 2013-05-07
More stuff about Reigate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Reigate Knowhere Board