The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Rickmansworth.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- New Drama Academy Opening.
Young Creative Talent is opening in Rickmansworth. Open to ages 7-18 years. This is a unique academy run by a Casting Director. Students will work on audition technique, improvisation, sight reading, character work and be given performance opportunities. For more information please e-mail email@example.com
- I have to recommend the most efficient, non-cowboy plumber i've ever encountered:
Nick Birt of Fastplumb Watford 01923 897 498 / 07915 076 159. Efficient, friendly and no air-sucking!!!
- The aquadrome there is so much to do there for people of all ages, kids can feed the ducks, adults can take walks, and teenagers can vandalise the benches. Its something that the whole comunity can use.
- Indiana Jones scenes where he works in a school were filmed at the Royal Masonic.
- I'm looking for Stuart Boyd.The CD that he made was called Borscht,and at one time lived in Rickmansworth tel. was 019237771659. this was in 1997.
- I like ghurkins
- Rickmansworth has and has had its own Rugby Football Club for 5 years...currently there are 2 regular sides playing every Saturday. The First XV in Herts/Middx League Div 11 and the Second XV in the Herts/Middx Merit Table as from season 2002-2003.
New players are always welcome to this friendly club no matter what level of ability you are; come to our training nights, Wednesdays at 19:30 at Rickmansworth Sports Club, Park Road, Rickmansworth.
For any further details, please phone Jerry Green on 01923 711800.
- There are 4 pill boxes built for World War II along the canal to shoot down any invading German submarines should they have ventured that far up the Grand Union canal!!!
- Having lived in Ricky until the age of 12 I used to play with some girls who had a famous father Keith Fordice who was the original presenter of "Ready Steady Go" The original Top of the pops.I sem to remember being at their house in Valley way or road and next door to them was Val Doonigans house.Happy memories in Ricky.All the best people.E-Mail me please.
Howard R Florence(Ricky Boy)
- Did you know that some of the Supergirl scenes were filmed in the Masonic School on Chorleywood road . One or two other films were filmed there also but I can't remember their names.
- Valley Road is one of the coldest in England! (Check - and it is)
- Rickmansworth is a part of Watford, and if not its a boring dive like Hemel Hempstead.
- One less than interesting point: the scene in "Robin Hood, prince of Thieves" where Duncan and Marian get on a boat at the lake was also filmed at the Aquadrom in Rickmansworth
- Rickmansworth is famous. It appears in the opening lines of "The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy":
"And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in RICKMANSWORTH suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything. Rickmansworth inspires that kind of thinking. Rickmansworth is also famous for being in two Goodies episodes, the most notable of which included a scene where Graham Garden "walked" a very large aquatic beast around one of the lakes at the Aquadrome.
Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terribly stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever."
- Rickmansworth is a beautiful town about 17 miles outside of London, you can access it very easily from the M25.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jerry Green, Julie Marks, lizzie, ?????, Bob McCaffrey, Howard Florence, claire dolling, J9, ian, Katy, Eric, graham webb, Ellie, Duckhead, Simon Hayward, mines a large one, robert chester, howard, Ros Ireland, mart, Ray Glen, Soren, generic, George Davis, Nic, Lawrence, Colm Quinn, MrT, Kerrie Mailey, Vicky, David Munt, strangertop, Macon Dunnagan, Tom, martin farmer, Alma , CJ, Choosri, Ian Robb, Konrad, Adrian Zachariah, Ashley read, charlie, Paul, jo, markbignell, chris mann, rhiannon, Em, Sean, Deborah, Bluey, Richard Nemeth, malcolm alden, Chris Bull, Owen Macateer, Paul K, leah horwood, zacb, Andy D, wez
Last updated: 2010-09-03
More stuff about Rickmansworth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rickmansworth Knowhere Board