Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Romford.
- There's a chinese resaurant on north street that does an all you can eat for £4.50.
- tea pot cafein the shopping hall does the cheapest grub about and it the nuts,,,,
- all you can eat chinese karake buffet, south street romford
- CHICKEN SPOT IN SOUTHEND OPPOSITE MAC MART
- Hong Kong House in Upminster - student deal..ttaaassstteee
- the pie and mash shop next to woolworths
- The alma arms pub - navestock, nearish to romford
- Two meals for just over a fiver if you go to The Moon and Stars Pub. It's a Wetherspoons, so it's all dead cheap! No music, though.
- Salmonella Sid next to Romford station. Most nights at weekend.
- marks and spencers
- essenc of the east on chadwell heath high road has been referbished, it was fantastic b4 hand and now s just pure class, always got the famouse wondering around and the odd boxer here and there, loved working there, full of classy people and a brilliant meal.
- Costa Coffee in Waterstones, or Harry ramsdens for take away fish and chips.
- pizza express in the brewery is good.
- we all hang about by the windows at mc donalds at the brewery
- Subway near the station is lovley foot long bagutte and about 1001 fillings also the typical 3! mc donalds these are in liberty 2 the brewery and next to the station and burger king etc then there is a pizza hut next to mc donalds next to the station then in the brewry there is an outback steak house and la tasca and pizza express and frankie and bennys the list goes on......
- noodle bar noodle bar you eat my noodles and chopsuey centre
- Ishmer Kababs north street
- A few good Chinese and Indian restaurants if you look for them.
- Pizzahut, Mcdonalds, The Shanghai (very nice), Frankie and Bennys, Harry Ramsdens, loadsa kebab/ pizza/ fish n chips shops etc.
- FRANKIE AND BENNYS IS PROBALIY THE BEST RESTURANT I'VE EVER BEEN TO IN THE WORLD AND I'VE BEEN TO A FEW. IT'S A OLD STYLE ITALIAN AMERICAN RESTURANT, THE STAFF ARE FREINDLY AND THE FOODS GREAT PRICES ARE A BIT STEAP BUT WELL WORTH IT. YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS PLACE, IT'S NEXT TO THE NEW CINEMA. THIS PLACE LOOKS SMELLS AND TASTES GREAT. IF YOU CAN COME BACK OUT OF FRANKIE AND BENNYS WITH OUT A SMILE LET YOUR DOCTOR KNOW COZ THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU.
- The Frying Pan on brentwood road serves the best chips for miles!
- Nando's - cluck it up baby (mexican chicken restaurant), best restaurant i've EVER ate in Romford. Very good service and uniforms are out of this world! The grillas wear "I make the chicks hot" and cashiers wear "chicks rule".
- Again the "old Brewery" has provided us with somewhere decent to eat(boy did we need it!. We now have another McDonald's in Romford (3 in total, Yipee!!)as well as The out back steak house (A little pricey), Pizza, Pizza, Pizza, pricey again!) along with Nandos (portugese chicken restaurant) otherwise known as Peri Peri Chicken Chicken. Nando's serves excellent food and it is very good value for money, although I must admit I havn't actaully eaten at Nando's in the "Old Brewery'" shopping centre.
- MC DONALDS!!!!
- McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Deep Pan, Burger King, Favourite Chicken, Bella Pasta.
For the real food you have to get out of Romford.
- Are we (Paula & Jo) the only ones to have appreciated Roosters, at about 2.30 every weekend for the box of unexplanable chicken equivalent all for a penny, which we were always able to afford even after a heavy night out! With the one eyed scrawny bouncer (who answers to the name of Lucky!) on the door, the slippery chips on the floor and James Dean Bradfield working behind the counter. Plus you could always be sure that one person in your group would have a pubic hair in and amongst their chips! Since that has shut we have lost contact with most of our old school/college mates because it was a mecca for all Havering Sixth Form Romford lovers!!
- The 'Izmir' in North St. does the best kebabs anywhere
- Favourite chicken in north street is well good but collier row is better. Always has kids waiting outside and produces the best chicken and ribs for around £3.50. Still maccy d's for breakfast on saturday morning after working on the market.
- Pie and Mash in the High Street, great old favourite. Mcdonalds, Burger King, KFC, Wimpy, Pizza Hut, the list is endless.
- your average urban kind of Burger king/mcdonalds/pizza hut/KFC set up.
- Pizza hut, burger king and Mcdonalds, nothing special
- Theres only one place for ultimate cuisine and thats McDonalds
- The best food in Romford has to be Peters Cafe down North Street, The greatest cheapest cafe food with friendly staff with huge portions!!!
- Good English cusine is like a German with a sense of humour.
- The Laurie Cafe in Romford Shopping Hall is ideal for cheap cups of tea and bacon sarnies. Nice friendly staff too. There's not many of these places around now, so next time you are in the area, do your bit to save the humble British caff! Don't let McDonalds take over completly!
- maccy d's is the best! or there's mclusky's - not bad. Brannigans - scrumcious. Yates is absolutely georgous and not that expensive either.
most of the pubs do great food, spoilt for choice!
- Lots of restaurants but the best has to be the Gingham Kitchen in one of the Arcades. Only trouble is it is totally packed and not opened on Sundays.
- Singaporean Restaurant in Victoria Road is well worht a visit, the food is good & so are the prices. The is a new Cypriot Restaurant, haven't checked it out yeat but if anyone has let me know what it's like. Giorgio's isn't too bad either. Then there's your run of the mill places - Deep Pan Pizza Co (good buffet meal between 6pm-8pm), Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Buger King, Wimpy, chinese & indian takeaways & restaurants (more choice in Hornchurch) & a few chip shop & kebab houses.
- For a great Greek - we had a 16 course Meze! Try A Taste of Cyprus in Victoria Road.
Lovely, intimate and a great night. Especially for a romantic evening - Kez.
- Jalani resturant, on high street opposite the salvation church offers a wide variety of indian cuisine at down to to earth prices. The service is excellent, and they do not mind you pissing on the floor and each other if it takes your fancy!
get pissed then go to jalani
- ROMFORD has limited choice fast/pub food , best selection of restaurants in nearby Hornchurch.
- There's no Cafe Rouge, so it has to be Burger King. Hands down, mate.
- Rather limited to McDonalds, chip shops, Burger King and Wimpy, although the Singapore house in Victoria Road is good I'm told. Also the burger stall outside the station late at night is a definite visit if you have the midnight munchies.
- There are far more eating places in Romford than merely burger bars. There is an excellent JD Weatherspoons which serves good quality food for lunch and dinner. Then there is the Bella Pasta, a good (if slightly expensive) Italian restaurant. Also, there are two pizza places, Pizza Hut and Deep Pan Pizza. I'd definitely recommend the Deep Pan Pizza as the best of the two on offer.
- How can you list the restaurants in Romford without mentioning the Pie and Mash shops? Great value for money because you get to watch your mates from out-of-town go green at the sight of the liquor and eels.
- You can eat a variety of well priced food in the Global Netcafe on South Street.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: paulio, sophie, stephy, cath, Vic, Darius Danesh, Dave Wright, jennifer lane, Carly, JANINE RUBY FAN, Key, yandos, Kiwi Jones, Geoff West, jAK, Daniel, katie dawson, kevin carr, Claire, Richard Winch, Samantha Goostree, monkey, Kirsty, ricky taylor, geezer, frank, david flack, marcia reed, Barry, ross, DG, markbonny, S MATHIESON, jodie, janine, keith stone - BAHR BAHR. reef it up', Emma Caughlin, #, carin, Louise, sarah, chris, Nats, Mel, rachel, james p, Lisa, Beatnic, Dazzzza, Martin, oz, Jem Craig, Joe Mclean, aaron, nick, rita, Dave Prentice, Angela Grainger, mike, Nancy, Darren Garner, JAMES PARKER, Ian L, emma (not a typical essex slag), GEEMAN, rexy, Liliana, leighanne, Arnold Layne, tracey, Sara Johnson, pm, Mark Noir, Keith Punt, Roadkill, random, Mick, martin sullivan, djbear, Steven Lardner, danielle, Ads, Cliff Thornton, suzie colins, eon, Peter Orrin, Mick Stringer, david hunt, peter delew, Bekki Sellars, rachel smith, janine b, Zoe, charlotte, trevor benstock, alfonson merkin, Laura Elliott, Sherry, djnyce, tomlin, aj, Jamie Rollinson, Robert Bishop, colin davis, Steve Herron, Ellen, ian bull, Jez C Self, Emma, neil dunford, whiffler, Kok Wee, Jesus, richard winch, Greg Taylor, Natalie Lyons, georgia, Honeymoon on Mars, anna, sTupId-kId-911, Cath Gordon, kG, mark howson, Richard, Nina, David, spud, S. Bellotti, martina, Robb, Damian, Ell, dan, Ian Arnold, Chris Reynolds, andy j, Tracey Pym-Rodgers, Kez, Stuart Edwards, T J, generic, Dominic Heaney, nick greenfield, Katie, jess edwards, Chris Cook, Rob Godfrey, Philip Airey, lon batty, Bagnan Ragneesh, vicpur, David Trafford, Robert Broad, coma_freak, Eddy, Stephanie, A, Sean, PAULA LEAVITT AND JO BOOTH, fresh, Dave Taylor, email@example.com, Kelley Gosling, jennifer, RICH, Jessica, sat, Sarah Jakobek, KEVIN, Woody, george, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Romford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Romford Knowhere Board