The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Romford, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Romford.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Royal Liberty Morris dancers
- romford grayhound track full of celebs and footballers, south street is well dangerous at night like fri and sat night!
ardleigh green primary rocks
- there is nothin much else to say everyting has been said about everything about the only things we have got that not many else have got is a bus garage and matalan.
- i saw gus from eastenders outside time on halloween bout 2 years ago, very nice bloke!!!!
- Draz like- u soo bad
- I'm so sorry to hear your so nasty, what a complete pig. Some people are acctually decent around hear. Take a proper look around. Sort your self out mister, "I'm to good to go to romford i live somewhere much better, Upmister!!! oooooooo" And as for you slagging us lot off all the time why the bloody hell do you keep coming into romford to see whats changed and going on, and don't even go there with your sister living there she must be a proper slag too like you so nicely put. Get a life and don't sit at your computer for hours on end making shitty websites like this, cheers mate you snooty nosed fuck!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(see loads of kisses because as u no im such a slag, wana no wot im wearin? Just a bomber jacket and im waitin for you inside the dolphin!)
- Why do people go out for a night in Romford when London is so close?
- One of my favourite places, then again I was born here so I would say that!
- Please visit www.rm1.info for an alternative look at Romford
- All visitors to th market should seek out Mrs Nelson & buy a tea towel from her - a right ol' darlin' she is
- Stay well away!!!
- There is an excellent place near Secrets called Youthzone, where young people can go for advice, help, and contraception. They give away free flavoured condoms!!! yay!!!
- We love lawns park, the biggest filth park in ENGLAND!!!
- Bring Back The Cellar Bar, not a poor imitation (RM1).
- Romford has got the rebelliosness of chigwell, woodford and hainult. The sense of hornchurch and upminster, the shops of lakeside and the activity of ilford! quality!
- its got an...interesting market.
- Unfortunately some of the people that have attempted to contribute to the site have only scratched the surface.
Romford is one of the wealthiest town's in the S.East of England which is one of the most prosperous areas in the UK being one of the Strongest and richest countris in the world, not bad really for a load of Essex bods. Romford is full of history dating back to before the Roman Invasion. It's people are mainly from the old East End or have roots therto (cockneys), these people are historicaly toughened by the environment in which they have been brought up in but are extremely adaptable, proven by their success as an individual breed which those from outside this closely woven community find difficult to comprehend and unfortunately have to attempt to criticise. Such critics will wain to our benefit. Remember the song 'There'll always be a Romford'.
With Love,Hugs and Kisses - Steve from Romford.
- Romford is growing, one to watch!
- I have travelled the world since leaving Romford 27 years ago and To be honest I dont miss it at all. Suppose there are worst places but I havnt found them yet. BUT I will say the people of Romford are some of the best if they like you or you happen to have a good right hook and a good head butt,If you do have these Romford people take you into their hearts, well they make out to anyway.
- 'The Haverettes of Hornchurch, Girls Marching Band' are just getting started for this year. They have already had their first contest of the year and come 2nd which is really good.
They are at the moment practicing for a contest which will be held in Hornchurch at Sanders Draper School. Try searching for them on the net for more info.
- If you've never been to Romford it's worth going just for the experience & if your from Romford then take a break from it - when you come back you'll appreciate it more.
- Yes, Romford is a crap town but if you look at 'the wood through the trees' you can meet some of the coolest, least pretentious people anywhere in the UK. Romford has had a considerable influence on the dance scene and is home to Lemonhead Studios in Hornchurch and the slightly less credible yet innovative Surburban Base [Romford, Victoria Road.] I'm not suggesting Romford is the bollox but be open minded and it's worth a visit. People in Romford are generally speaking down to earth and just want to have a good time, you will not meet the 'destroy boy, pill popping air heads more common of north London and the west end. Finally the skate park in Romford is one of the originals and one of the best, so don't knock it!
- I reckon Romford market is worth a visit. It has been going a good few years now and long may it continue. You can pick up most things there and you never know what you might stumble across.
I feel that it is a little unfair to call Romford crap. It is true that its main feature is the large number and variety of shops there but is this necessarily a bad thing? It enables you, along with the market, to buy pretty much everything that you could need (though I agree with you about clothes shops). Also, there are a large number of decent places to eat, both in Romford itself and a short drive (5-10 minutes) away.
You mention the people briefly but you don't do them justice. Even without me there :) the people are very nice. You risk upseting a large number of people by saying that they are worse than Essex girls. This is the only bit in this page that is complete bollocks but it is an important inaccuracy.
The girls there are very nice and distinctly less "slutish" than in many places, in and out of Essex [What about the Romford boys?]. It may well be true that the nightlife is nothing spectacular, but Hollywoods on a Friday night is generally good for something that requires the police to be called! Also, there is Liberty's which on a Thursday night generally has one half decent band playing.
The worst thing about Romford? That's a tricky one, so many things to choose from! :) It really is quite difficult to say. There is nothing particularly outstandingly bad about it. I suppose if I was forced to pick something I would say that there is a lack of greenery in the town.
There are a couple of parks close by but in the town itself it is very "concretey" and therefore not the easiest on the eye. However, at the moment the Christmas lights are up in the centre of town and they look excellent, just us good as the ones up here in Liverpool.
- Best and Worst thing about Romford: Romford is easy to get to, worth going to if you are bored and live not to far away. Watch out for your car because other people will be! When Havering spend some more money however it may be worth a day out.
Also: Get connected to the net at the Global Netcafe in South Street.
- So far you are sure to have heard from the rather opinionated Robert Ellsmore. Even though he is hardly ever in his beloved town he is the type of person that would gives not only Romford but the whole world a bad name. If you wish to know why in more detail e-mail me, Andrew Hastler, at email@example.com and I can tell you as this page wouldn't be long enough to detail why.
- Why did Quaser close?? Where is the nearest quaser now??
- God bless Romford and all who sail in her!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: paulio, sophie, stephy, cath, Vic, Darius Danesh, Dave Wright, jennifer lane, Carly, JANINE RUBY FAN, Key, yandos, Kiwi Jones, Geoff West, jAK, Daniel, katie dawson, kevin carr, Claire, Richard Winch, Samantha Goostree, monkey, Kirsty, ricky taylor, geezer, frank, david flack, marcia reed, Barry, ross, DG, markbonny, S MATHIESON, jodie, janine, keith stone - BAHR BAHR. reef it up', Emma Caughlin, #, carin, Louise, sarah, chris, Nats, Mel, rachel, james p, Lisa, Beatnic, Dazzzza, Martin, oz, Jem Craig, Joe Mclean, aaron, nick, rita, Dave Prentice, Angela Grainger, mike, Nancy, Darren Garner, JAMES PARKER, Ian L, emma (not a typical essex slag), GEEMAN, rexy, Liliana, leighanne, Arnold Layne, tracey, Sara Johnson, pm, Mark Noir, Keith Punt, Roadkill, random, Mick, martin sullivan, djbear, Steven Lardner, danielle, Ads, Cliff Thornton, suzie colins, eon, Peter Orrin, Mick Stringer, david hunt, peter delew, Bekki Sellars, rachel smith, janine b, Zoe, charlotte, trevor benstock, alfonson merkin, Laura Elliott, Sherry, djnyce, tomlin, aj, Jamie Rollinson, Robert Bishop, colin davis, Steve Herron, Ellen, ian bull, Jez C Self, Emma, neil dunford, whiffler, Kok Wee, Jesus, richard winch, Greg Taylor, Natalie Lyons, georgia, Honeymoon on Mars, anna, sTupId-kId-911, Cath Gordon, kG, mark howson, Richard, Nina, David, spud, S. Bellotti, martina, Robb, Damian, Ell, dan, Ian Arnold, Chris Reynolds, andy j, Tracey Pym-Rodgers, Kez, Stuart Edwards, T J, generic, Dominic Heaney, nick greenfield, Katie, jess edwards, Chris Cook, Rob Godfrey, Philip Airey, lon batty, Bagnan Ragneesh, vicpur, David Trafford, Robert Broad, coma_freak, Eddy, Stephanie, A, Sean, PAULA LEAVITT AND JO BOOTH, fresh, Dave Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, Kelley Gosling, jennifer, RICH, Jessica, sat, Sarah Jakobek, KEVIN, Woody, george, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Romford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Romford Knowhere Board