Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Rugby.
- the rugby boy racers like to hang out down junction 1
- Well theres allways interesting spots in Rugby.
- Pikey brats like to hang around the Clock tower and the entrances to the shopping centre and outside McDonalds.
- the clock towers is a decent land-mark to meet up at, or the spinney, nice quiet little place to meet near edyvean.
- ummm.....is there newhere the crappy emo and scene kids dont go?...i think not so i guess tht leaves u stranded.
- Every one will agree that its allways a good laugh to go down to the skate park at the back of the sports centre and laugh at the chavs trying to skate. Or alternativly watch the emo's constantly flicking their fringes out of thier faces. Bless them.
- Those "gay" toilets by the churchyard, that keep getting shut down, with the purple anti junkie neon lights, they sum up meeting places in rugby!
- Argos bling decked out slags with giant hoop earrings that surely mess up TV reception due to their size, like to loiter outside the Clock tower shopping centre hoping they might meet their prince tracksuited partner - or maybe they can get a lift in the latest badly modified car to race through the town at 85mph because it looks so cool!
Other scumbags like to hang round on the corner of Manor Road and Railway terrace outside the Benn Partnership centre waiting to mug some innocent person just walking past.
The cruizers think racing up and down Leicester Road to and from Junction One retail park is cool.
- Some of these coments make rugby sound borin i.e. ' The Tower' or 'The Graveyard'. Now we jus like to hang around rugbywe dont like to cause trouble but it seems to follow us in the form of scallies-(townies, chavs) in the summer one of the best placesto hang out is caldecotte parc, it is just the best theres a bandstand, or just chill on the grass with the pccasional 10 bag or 2. Theres also the library gadens which no one has mentioned yet there cool out of the way of the main public only the odd old person walks past andtry not to make eye contact with you if your smokin or drinkin anything. But in the winter its wet, sooo we tend to just walk around town or chill at subway mc donalds. So rugby isnt that bad if you know what to do it pretty sund really .
- rugby is a bit of a hole, but it's made by the people not the place. get your ass down to o'hagans, tht's where all the cool kids hang out (am i blagging this??) alternatively come say hi to me in the kids clothing dept. in woolworths.my name badge says sarah, but tht's not my name.
- spinadisk, go there EVERY time i go to town
- if you want to hook anywhere in rugby you have a serious problem it is a complete and utter dump
- yeh caldecott park is da place thats where us sk8er dudes hang we go on the dolphin it rocks lol. walkabout it is CRAP cuz its a townie fest!!!
- The bench outside Exposure, opposite the william webb ellis statue.
The toilets inside the clock towers shopping centre
- My favourite corner is the far Eastern corner of Woolworths where I often meet a bewildering array of people. Some are very rude. You've been warned!
- the graveyard. speshly on a dark nite. thers gras an shit u can sit round an have a laff wit ur mates. caldecott park is good too coz u can jus do fuck all in the summer an watch people skate blabla.
- The main bus stop in the centre of town and the benches near the clock. (I saw someone rolling a spliff there once - in front of everyone! - he got it out of a tin with a big cannabis leaf on it!!) The graveyard, very peaceful, ocassionally may be harrassed by old people/foreigners who dont speak english, could happen anywhere. Lately a few too many 'gothic/alternative/metal' teens. Not even real goths *Yawn*
- The graveyard when I finished school, go and hang out there and shout abuse at the local freaks who happened to walk by. I hate people like that now but fun at the time.
- It's not like that here. Hook-up 'round by the chemist shop off Oxford St., 9.00am for yer 'script.
- Obviously Maccyd's, but the kappas now tend to congregate around the entrance to the Clock Towers.
- The clock a hook-up spot on New Year's Eve i think not everyone was trhere but for some reason everybody except The Ladz cheered at 23:55 and then The Ladz cheered at 00:00 this shows the stupidity of the place.
- If you are at a loose end on tuesday nights go to Gas steet night club open till 2am everybody is on the pull.
- Just the clock tower really, nowhere much else.
- Town Centre, under the famous clock tower, this is hook up spot for everyone meeting for a night out, and the gathering place on New Years Eve.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tristan Macnell, Megan, andy black, isla, mic cowgill, Thom Kilvert, simon, jen, Gav, james, james boyes, Matt, Steve White, Steve Bryan, Chris, Luckless joe, Marion Amos, Big Al, Dusty, suky, tone, daniel payne, Kev Watts, em, richard wainwright, Drummer Boy, Andy Pickering, emily, Donald Semblance, dave, Bryan Jones, Mond, marvin gay, Tom Long, liz hughes, lucy maxwell, Dach, steve, paul lumsden, Danny Franklin, Brendan Shine, Pete, Layla Palmer, Ray Brightwell, Hammy, Horse, Mike Trow, Amy, Art gofunkyTeam, Sue Powell, Steve Griffiths, bill, david, lee, Lisa, M.White, Helen Sutherland, Natasha Kilvington, matt scotcher, milky, Louis, J Hayes, Paul Crabtree, RHS OGS Web Mistress, Toni b, Peter, DrummerBoy, Wetherspoons staff, courtney wallis, Paul Adams, Mike, rupert, LOTTIE, me, DiGitALLmoose, malc, BJ, connorh49, Becci and Helen, generic, Mike Wilkinson, John Sloane, Eddie Duffill, Martin O'Brien, andy, Tracey, duncan, Rachel Palmer, Carmel, ben, h.horse, jenjen, grant duncan, clock, bob, angus, kevin.morrissey, wolfy
Last updated: 2008-04-30
More stuff about Rugby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rugby Knowhere Board