Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Rugby.
- ok,although the coffee mc never works and no desk for tickets
- There is a good one on Leicester road By Tescos.
- at junction 1, on ur way out of the shit hole
- Cineworld multiplex ok, just watch out for the barryboys racing around in their underpowered heaps
- The local cinema (in town) shut down YEARS ago. The "new" one on the retail park has a small ad in the local paper. The teenage STABBING incident, in the arcade in the lobby, recieved more space in the paper.
- Cineworld on Junction One is ok if you don't get killed by some prick driving a badly modified 1.1 Fiesta up and down at 80mph trying to show off how big they are.
- cineworld. just your average cinema. not much special at all.
- cineworld.rugby theatre
- Like our new cinema...very nice...but ice cream is overpriced..but tasty!
- Cineworld at Junction One complex on Leicester Road. For main features, the delux screen is well worth paying the extra for, with private bar and generous leg-room: especially good for long films.
- yeah we got one and it isn't too bad really. anything remotely obscure though and you'd better go to cov or brum.
- Rugby has a cinema at last - and it's not at all bad. The Showcase mutliplex on Leicester Road has, ooh, probably about 8 or 9 screens, and is very plush and spacious. Tuesday's cheap night, and there are old films on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- multiplex. they only had one screening of dogtown, didn't advertise it, and it was on a weeknight. avoid.
- Cineworld, it's better than not having one at all, but it isnt excellent.
The bowling alley should be open very soon, hopefully good, entertaining.
- Go to The one by Boots on a Tuesday night, if you ignore all the Grebo kids it's actually quite cheap and the chairs are comfortable.
- our cinema's crapy realy, but al least we got one. tis not as bad as leamington's!!
- Cineworld!!!! Three screens filled with Postman Pat and PSiderman, but still its a cinema!!!
- We have a Cinema, CineWorld, on the Leicester Rd. Shows all the recent releases. It's just a shame that the people of Rugby complained about not having a cinema, and now they've got one, they don't use it! Prolly be the same with the Bowling place when that's finished.
- We do have a cinema now - very quiet, very crap (I TELL YOU THE SCREEN IS HALF THE SIZE IT SHOULD BE!) and maybe a bowling alley soon. Just follow the signs
- There's now a multiscreen cinema about a mile from the M6 (junction 1). They're in the process of building a bowling alley next to it as well.
- very good 9 screen multiplex in leicester road -- opened feb 2001
- Cineworld's quite good but it only plays the very popular films. The less mainstream films are still played at Rugby theatre
- Finally we have a cinema - Cineworld. It's near Tesco's.
- Yay! We have a cinema now... 9 screens or something like that, and it has a deluxe option sometimes, where you can pay double the normal price just to get a bigger comfier chair! hurrah!
- There the cineworld cinema which is cool cos it's close to frankie and benny's, mcdonalds, and a pizza hut. Also they show little known films on wednesdays i think, and foreign films quite often
- Cineworld opened in Rugby at Leicester Road on 16th February 2001 (9 screens / 1,600 seats}, so your information is pathetically old for a web site of this type. I found this cinema to be one of the best in the area... well run, stylish, latest films, very comfortable and good prices. I certainly would not bother driving to Coventry to see anything there.
- THERE IS ONLY 1 SO I GUES I HAV 2 SAY 'CINEWORLD'
- rugby has just got a new cinema its preety good actually
- leicester road, 6 screen latest stuff etc...
- Hurrah! New cinema built Feb 2001, except no-one uses it. Please do or the council will close it down (if they could ever be that quick off the mark)
- well they finally built a cinema unfortunatly films are only on for about a week and the carpet is crap and the food is over priced you might as well just watch the telly!
- The new cinema is now open on the leicester road. 9 screens i do beleive.
- New cinema (CINEWORLD) opens February 16th 2001. (By the time you read this it will probably already be open)
- Nope. The year 2001...only over 100 years of moving pictures...hope they're talkies.
- We've got no bloody cinema. We probably do now but i've gone to fecking uni.
- There is no cinema in Rugby you have to travel all the way to bloody Coventry
- Good news they have started building a multiplex on the leicester road should be open november 00.
- Unless what you want to watch is on at Rugby Theatre (for a very reasonable price) you have to make the trip to Coventry.
- Well, here Rugby does come into it's own in the fact that there is one cinema which is very excited that it has a copy of a 1957 film on it's hands which it hopes will shortly be followed by films from 1958 and maybe even some other decades.
- None, Coventry has bowling and a cinema.
- Multiplex Cinema 10 minutes up the M6 at Coventry, typical multiplex. Otherwise in the town itself reasonably recent films shown at Rugby Theatre.
- Still no cinema, most people roar off up the motorway to the Showcase near Coventry.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tristan Macnell, Megan, andy black, isla, mic cowgill, Thom Kilvert, simon, jen, Gav, james, james boyes, Matt, Steve White, Steve Bryan, Chris, Luckless joe, Marion Amos, Big Al, Dusty, suky, tone, daniel payne, Kev Watts, em, richard wainwright, Drummer Boy, Andy Pickering, emily, Donald Semblance, dave, Bryan Jones, Mond, marvin gay, Tom Long, liz hughes, lucy maxwell, Dach, steve, paul lumsden, Danny Franklin, Brendan Shine, Pete, Layla Palmer, Ray Brightwell, Hammy, Horse, Mike Trow, Amy, Art gofunkyTeam, Sue Powell, Steve Griffiths, bill, david, lee, Lisa, M.White, Helen Sutherland, Natasha Kilvington, matt scotcher, milky, Louis, J Hayes, Paul Crabtree, RHS OGS Web Mistress, Toni b, Peter, DrummerBoy, Wetherspoons staff, courtney wallis, Paul Adams, Mike, rupert, LOTTIE, me, DiGitALLmoose, malc, BJ, connorh49, Becci and Helen, generic, Mike Wilkinson, John Sloane, Eddie Duffill, Martin O'Brien, andy, Tracey, duncan, Rachel Palmer, Carmel, ben, h.horse, jenjen, grant duncan, clock, bob, angus, kevin.morrissey, wolfy
Last updated: 2010-08-13
More stuff about Rugby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rugby Knowhere Board