Favourite Building in Rugby, Warwickshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Rugby.
- Clock Tower and Market Day
- Rugby cement plant is the most gorgeous building on the planet, i think it should be the eighth modern wonder of the world!!!!!! Lets give a round of applause to the outstanding example of architecture NOW!!!!!!! Also give a colossal congratulations to the tower blocks at biart place, an amazing reminder of Soviet Russia!!!!
- Deffo O'hagens, really cool upstairs, specially on friday nite wen it's packed with people!, love that dark little room!
- my flat
- Rugby school, at least it looks good!
- The underground extensive mod property known as "hillmorton radio station" and masts. WHY? because in the cold war (only a "few" years ago) the entire british nuclear defence relied on submarines, getting close enogh to ussr to effectivly launch an attack.They did not know where they were (as all ships at sea) without an acurate TIME fix. This came from RUGBY (those radio controll clocks you can buy in argos) and without this long wave radio time signal they were useless. RUGBY would have been hit number ONE for russian nukes, BAR NONE. If only! Now its partially sold off, overland, But all the "buffs" that took photos of the non "tactical" masts being pulled down, (your argos clocks still work for the moment)really have no idea, about the extent of the "underground" so called "british telecom" site, or the meaning of "atomic clock" time signals. You have been warned, when the new house you buy, and the cabbeges you plant in the garden turn green...
- not a building, but the street called Dukes Jetty, near the watch shop.Just look up, and you'll see loadsa cool buildings
- The Squirrel
- MYTON HOSPICE
- The beautiful Victorian swimming baths, with stained glass and lovely wrought-iron work. Oh damn, they demolished it........along with every other building in Rugby of any architectural merit. Which is why Rugby is such an ugly town.
- the comedy library. good grief. are all architects blind?
- Old library, it smelt quite amazing.
- All 25 pubs in the town center.
- Bishop Wulstan School. Oh the memories... Not a chance of me telling you what they are! I'd get expelled (if I hadn't already left x yrs ago)
The old warehouse near the library where you could find all sorts of things whilst hanging around getting up to no good after school. They really should make school days longer.
- my house, nice and warm :)
- macdonalds, so many happy memories
- The radio masts! Save them now!
- The art-deco building net to NatWest in the Town centre, the lift is great
- The Ex-Princess Diana Memorial Fountain, Caldecote Park, for about 4 months after she died. Ask the Council about that!!!
- Paradise street offie, spent many a day purchasing vodka from this oasis when I was still fresh faced.
- Rugby School - especially now it's been cleaned. Or perhaps the new library, museum & art gallery....
- The train station, as it gives me inspiration, that I will get out of here some time soon. (soon being July 2000)
- The best building is new libary which hasn't been opened yet. Looks cool though.
- Most of the shops in Regent Street (look above ground floor level)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tristan Macnell, Megan, andy black, isla, mic cowgill, Thom Kilvert, simon, jen, Gav, james, james boyes, Matt, Steve White, Steve Bryan, Chris, Luckless joe, Marion Amos, Big Al, Dusty, suky, tone, daniel payne, Kev Watts, em, richard wainwright, Drummer Boy, Andy Pickering, emily, Donald Semblance, dave, Bryan Jones, Mond, marvin gay, Tom Long, liz hughes, lucy maxwell, Dach, steve, paul lumsden, Danny Franklin, Brendan Shine, Pete, Layla Palmer, Ray Brightwell, Hammy, Horse, Mike Trow, Amy, Art gofunkyTeam, Sue Powell, Steve Griffiths, bill, david, lee, Lisa, M.White, Helen Sutherland, Natasha Kilvington, matt scotcher, milky, Louis, J Hayes, Paul Crabtree, RHS OGS Web Mistress, Toni b, Peter, DrummerBoy, Wetherspoons staff, courtney wallis, Paul Adams, Mike, rupert, LOTTIE, me, DiGitALLmoose, malc, BJ, connorh49, Becci and Helen, generic, Mike Wilkinson, John Sloane, Eddie Duffill, Martin O'Brien, andy, Tracey, duncan, Rachel Palmer, Carmel, ben, h.horse, jenjen, grant duncan, clock, bob, angus, kevin.morrissey, wolfy
Last updated: 2017-07-17
More stuff about Rugby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rugby Knowhere Board