Skateboarding Spots in Rugby, Warwickshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Rugby.
- ken marriott
- Ken Mariott Leisure Centre has a small skate park in the back of the car park. Including a half pipe!
- Hillmorton Rec otherwise well The sports centre.
- the whitehall rec skateparc was the place of last summer, i reckon caldecott will b back this year, richard paul is a gai emo fag kid!!!!!
- Skate park at the back of sports centre
- brownsover park is ok when not being used by local drug dealers/users. addison road is much better, tho small, mix of street n vert. werd is we getting a new one behind sports centre soon!
- actually, seriously, ken mariot spotrs centre HAVE made a token effort to be SEEN to be trendy, A couple of ramps round the back of the sports centre.
- theres a skatepark in brownsover park but its sketchy cause brownsover is ruff, hillmorton was updated but is townie infested after dark,they built a park at ken marriot which is cool and theres no townies round there the hospital is the best place (since bilton got the big gates) cause theres never ne trouble part from the odd security gaurd but there all pretty understanding there ledges there and on the roof u got flatbanks and if you are crazy enough there is a big roof gapp with a skech landing but dean checkly did it the other day,there used to be the ledges in town but they have skate stoppers on them
- aldi gets the skaters, for its big curbs an spce. theres also the skate park at featherbed
- I used to skate down by lidl ( you know that stupid german supermarket. Few high curbs and kind of a nice ledge fot or 2 high
- welll me and the "pteradactyl crew" mostly just hang out and skate in the aldi car parkwhich is good cause of the cheap food!
- miller house over the road from the library. indeed.
- go up to the gallery in the new library, look out the window as you get to the top of the stairs, over the car park, across the road from the big businesses,see the rails from the buildings, well just there, and the view from the library makes an excellent place to record ur skate videos
- where de old market used to be
- Miller now has gravel and stuff all over the place so you cant skate.
- The glass warehouse at the addison road trading estate and other places are goos, but go after 6 on weekdays and sats. sundays is free all day
- bmx track is demolished, shitty mini where it used to stand. skate stopperes at the church... ho ho ho! pikey 'skatepark' in brownsover. lots of empty warehouses and industrial car parks though. secret trails too, but you ain't gonna know if you don't know...
- Poole Close, Search it out. Behind House with purple railings on Bilton Road. There's a massive hill for the long boarders out there. Elderly people throw Mars Bars if you get particularly Ill. Tighten your trucks as its long and steep and St. Cross is miles away.
- the new libray has sum rails but theyv got stoopid little blobs dwn em so u cant skate, but lotsa steps an a high rail.
the miller building thingy (Big grey thing) has steps an a low wall thing an sum roof-type-thing for wen it rains blabla.
the alley by St. Andrews is where all the kids get in their practice nowadays
- the new place on featherbed lane in hillmorton... looks a bit shit for £1400 but its wiked if there are loads of people there
- st andrews church in town i think
- all round the back of the big church in town
- Outside the new library seems to be popular but the skaters have to put up with narrow minded people giving them fantastically evil looks. Somebody please build these (mostly) lads an official place to skate as they are some of the nicest and least troublesome kids in a town full of really horrible little buggers!
- Theres a pretty good LONG waxed curb on a very smooth street down the side of the multi-story car park by the market. And the roof of that car park is good too, nice bank and waxed low sloping ledge. Sometimes get thrown out just watch out for where the security camera is pointing! NEVER any cars on roof so no need to worry about getting splatted and teh same goes for the street down the side, vehicles only use it to get to the market, and thats not very often.
- The long waxed curb dow the side of the multi-story carpark near the market, no one ever goes down there, and the roads VERY smoooth. the carpark as well next to it, never n e cars on the roof and a nice sloping curb to do at the top. just watch out 4 where the security camera is pointing!
Now Lidl has been built its pretty good there a drop off and waxed curbs, tonnes of rails and shit to construct whatever with but best to go down there after 8 in weekdays and 6 at weekends or u run the risk of getting bollucked.
And finally Bilton High School situated just out of Bilton village, the BEST place, but a long way from town. Loadsa stairsets and smooth ground, but nothing really to grind. Dont even try going down there on a school night or the caretaker will come out of his little house and bite your testicles off.
- St Andrew's church. Big ledge, small ledges smooth ground etc. Job Centre curb (downhill curb) You'll get chucked off it though. Market, flat ground, manual blocks and a realllly long curb. Next to big multi-storey carpark. Good to skate when wet. Has loads of flatbanks and curbs. Crown House has a nice size ledge (not too big). Miller house has steps (a set of 2, a set of 3, and a nice set of 5). Rugby library has big steps round the front and back (sets of 6 and 8). Baptist church at regents place has waxed curbs, a ledge and a nice set of 2 steps. Bilton half-pipe is pretty gnarly. A skatepark is gonna be built in Brownsover soon. Town hall and Benn hall have steps and loads of smooth flat ground as well as a big ledge. Nice rail at Brooke school and loads of steps.
- The Rim. The Rim is only located in two places in Rugby. Have YOU licked The Rim? The first place I know of is the council skatepark off Addison Road, oh...is it still FLATTENED? The second Caldecote Park conveniences.
- The place to be for the little bastards has got to be outside St. Andrew's church, where they grind their air or whatever they do to their hearts content
- None but the kids use the Aldi supermarket and any other spaces they can find
- aldi shopping centre great for grinding over 40 cerbs in aline .Miller house off corperation street 3 great steps for jumping or grinding, just aroung the corner is bloxam court with a couple of curbs and a few great rails.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tristan Macnell, Megan, andy black, isla, mic cowgill, Thom Kilvert, simon, jen, Gav, james, james boyes, Matt, Steve White, Steve Bryan, Chris, Luckless joe, Marion Amos, Big Al, Dusty, suky, tone, daniel payne, Kev Watts, em, richard wainwright, Drummer Boy, Andy Pickering, emily, Donald Semblance, dave, Bryan Jones, Mond, marvin gay, Tom Long, liz hughes, lucy maxwell, Dach, steve, paul lumsden, Danny Franklin, Brendan Shine, Pete, Layla Palmer, Ray Brightwell, Hammy, Horse, Mike Trow, Amy, Art gofunkyTeam, Sue Powell, Steve Griffiths, bill, david, lee, Lisa, M.White, Helen Sutherland, Natasha Kilvington, matt scotcher, milky, Louis, J Hayes, Paul Crabtree, RHS OGS Web Mistress, Toni b, Peter, DrummerBoy, Wetherspoons staff, courtney wallis, Paul Adams, Mike, rupert, LOTTIE, me, DiGitALLmoose, malc, BJ, connorh49, Becci and Helen, generic, Mike Wilkinson, John Sloane, Eddie Duffill, Martin O'Brien, andy, Tracey, duncan, Rachel Palmer, Carmel, ben, h.horse, jenjen, grant duncan, clock, bob, angus, kevin.morrissey, wolfy
Last updated: 2010-08-13
More stuff about Rugby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rugby Knowhere Board