The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Rugby, Warwickshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Rugby.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- F**K THE COUNTRYSIDE!!!! We should build outwards until rugby reaches the coast on both sides of britain, and turn rugby into a super-metropolis with 300000000 people living here and build buildings that reach the moon!!!
- Talent spotting, there are a few nice looking ladys but you have to look hard!
- What about Pete Chambers mega book about Rugby and Cov music entitled Godiva Rocks, Hunts Books sell it.
- does anyone have any information on Pinkertons Colours - where they are now - are they playing anywhere in 2004
- THAT ALL THE STREETS ARE TWO CROWED CUS OF THE CRAP MARKET APART FROM THE SOCK STALL
- rugby is the worst place in the world (with the exception of rochdale - groo) and needs to be radically changed. hitler can come back here and flatten if he wants. or they could try gassing the whole place and starting again.
- Don't build the airport NEXT to Rugby build it OVER Rugby.
- I've managed to escape, to those that haven't. Heh Heh!
- IMPORTANT NEWS: There is a girls school round the back of Rugby!!! Its on a place called Longrood Road. I go there, and frankly its pants. Please come and say hello, there are many more girls like me who need their days brightened up by yound fellows such as you. We are willing to show you our bras.
- Long live the crown!
- people here are to 'clicky' and too agressive, your in OR your out no middle ground. to many 12 year olds drinking their first beer and trying to get you to fight as they have 15 mates watching... very sad
- Why are old Rugbeians always complaining about the number of 'unwanted' pubs in the town. Shops are always closing down and thriving pubs are opened in their place. The last time a pub in Rugby was shut down another was opened in its place within a short time - the vodka bar. There is a limit to the amount of 'It's A Gift' shops and the like you can have in a town - even one like Rugby.
- Let the Old Laurentian/Newbold rivalry live on. Bolders are a bunch of tossers but Ian Wallis is king!
- Rugby is FULL of retards and spastics believe me i know i live there. Theres LOADS and they get dropped off in variious places by a minibus with brown tinted windows, so look out 4 that. Theres some really weird ppl around like the 'clucking man' and this old hag tramp called Cathy who will pull a knife on u if u annoy her. So come to Rugby! its RETARD CENTRAL!
- famous people now should now include "JAMES BOYES" british gymnastic high bar champion,and currently coaching at RUGBY GYTMNASTICS CLUB@LOWER HILL MORTON ROAD!
- If you visit the multi storey carpark near the market you must take the piss out of DEREK THE DILDO (carpark attendent)
- President Student Union 1998-1999.
Drummer Alpha Stone
Married Living in Brazil
- Ask the Council "What happened to the Princess Diana Memorial"?
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS TOWN, YOUR NIGHTMARES WILL BECOME RECURRING VISIONS OF SHELL SUITED SHAGGY PERMED BLONDES WITH SHAVED HEADED SOVERIEGN RING WEARING THUGS.
The new Art Gallery, Museum and Library which is actually a nice building but should be demolished for the fact that the think tank who have been deciding on a name for the place for months and kept it a secret, have decided to call it The Rugby Art Gallery, Museum and Library. With imagination like that these people must be stopped even though they did surprise everyone by being rebellious and calling the Clock Towers Shopping Centre, The Clock Towers. Do yo see how they tricked us by dropping of Shopping CEntre at the end of it, well it caused a few problems I can tell you, for months people in Rugby didn't know what it was as the name and contents weren't descriptive enough for some of the inbred around here.
- Like it, hate it: it's not the sleepy town people think it is, unless you drive through very fast. Most people know it as a train station, or so it seems.
- Rugby School where the Game of Rugby was invented.
- Guided tours of Rugby School take place every day except Sundays and Mondays. They leave from the School Museum at 2.30 p.m. The cost is £1.75 for adults and £1.25 for senior citizens and students. Family tickets are available for two adults and their children. (There are no tours for a fortnight around Christmas). Groups are welcome at other times as well. Phone +44 (0)1788 574117 for details. Group rates are available for parties of more than 20 people.
- Rugby is home to some of the most innovative rock musicians around. In particular it was home to neo-psychadelic drone gods Spacemen3. Check out the Spacemen3 Archives. Sadly they split up at the beginning of the nineties, but successors Spectrum and Spiritualized are also documented at the URL above. Also from Rugby are R&B-ers Thee Hypnotics.
- Rugby Library and Tourist Information Centre: Little Elborow Street, Rugby CV21 3BZ, Tel. 01788 542687 Open Mon & Thu 9.30 - 8.00. Tue & Fri 9.30 - 5.00. Wed 9.30 - 1.00. Sat. 9.30 - 4.00
- Rugby people are very territorial I find and love the common person.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tristan Macnell, Megan, andy black, isla, mic cowgill, Thom Kilvert, simon, jen, Gav, james, james boyes, Matt, Steve White, Steve Bryan, Chris, Luckless joe, Marion Amos, Big Al, Dusty, suky, tone, daniel payne, Kev Watts, em, richard wainwright, Drummer Boy, Andy Pickering, emily, Donald Semblance, dave, Bryan Jones, Mond, marvin gay, Tom Long, liz hughes, lucy maxwell, Dach, steve, paul lumsden, Danny Franklin, Brendan Shine, Pete, Layla Palmer, Ray Brightwell, Hammy, Horse, Mike Trow, Amy, Art gofunkyTeam, Sue Powell, Steve Griffiths, bill, david, lee, Lisa, M.White, Helen Sutherland, Natasha Kilvington, matt scotcher, milky, Louis, J Hayes, Paul Crabtree, RHS OGS Web Mistress, Toni b, Peter, DrummerBoy, Wetherspoons staff, courtney wallis, Paul Adams, Mike, rupert, LOTTIE, me, DiGitALLmoose, malc, BJ, connorh49, Becci and Helen, generic, Mike Wilkinson, John Sloane, Eddie Duffill, Martin O'Brien, andy, Tracey, duncan, Rachel Palmer, Carmel, ben, h.horse, jenjen, grant duncan, clock, bob, angus, kevin.morrissey, wolfy
Last updated: 2011-05-25
More stuff about Rugby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rugby Knowhere Board