The Worst Things in Rye, East Sussex*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Rye.
The Worst Things
- The desperate attitude of the local sink estate brats running about smashing windows. And of course the mad gossip of trying to destroy other people who live there. This mostly spearheaded by the annoying lower middle class that parade as they are grandees. They are rather sad residents 55+ who frankly have very little money and who clearly moved to this town when property was lower in the 90's searching for a elite feel affordably. They are hideous and mostly alcoholic. The good news is that most of them are leaving (by death or ruin) and better people are moving in. The overwhelming lack of education from most of these people is extraordinary they seem lost in a time warp of jammy dodgers and bad coffee.
- Narrow minded village gossip Don't shag a local! (This is NOT Mapp and Lucia!)
- ALL CHAVS IN THE LOCAL AREA
- 'the old guard'
- The town closes at 6 in the evening
- Poor parking, a problem compounded by all of those adorable bikers.
- Can be a bit too twee.
- Not the most skater-friendly place.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Tobias Alcalde, Sophie, Rye Wurlitzer, Blockboy, Jason McLaughlin, nix tucker, zoe lewis, helen, Mandy, jenny, todd, Jim Hollands, David Arscott, Joopli, Colin Bailey, VIBEMAN, Alison, Maryse, A.Estcourt, M Estcourt, lily, Stephen Cooper, generic, Peter Gill, Kirsty, jans penfold, Jake Portch
Last updated: 2009-05-27
More stuff about Rye
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Rye Knowhere Board