Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Saltburn-by-the-sea, Cleveland*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Saltburn-by-the-sea.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Ex-residents - David Coverdale - went to Huncliff School.
Selina Scott - lived in Hilda Place.
Larry Grayson - His brother had the paint shop in Station St (now a bakery).
- mr muir and mrs muir,,they got a son called kieth who was a councilor now runs the fishing /gun shop or rather did???? not sure now
- NASA Astronaut (Discovery Space Shuttle), Nicholas J. M. Patrick was born in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
- Tony Mowbray (Manager West Brom, Hibs, caretaker manager Ipswich Town, Player Middlesbrough, Celtic & Ipswich Town) was born in Saltburn
- Saltburn sands were used in 1908, 1911 and 1922, for speed trials. Malcolm Campbell's broke the World Land Speed Record here in 1924.
- Chris Rea and his band used to practise in 'The Ship'in the late 70's (while it was closed in the afternoon). One of his father's Ice Cream Kiosks was situated near to the miniture railway.
- david coverdale. robert parrish used to be in club band the goverment(legend round these lands)
- Apparently Rowan atkinson comes to visit his gran in the Zetland.Yet to see his ugly mug.
- David Coverdale
- John Hall-Stevenson, author of Crazy Tales and a good friend of Laurence Sterne's (The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy and A Sentimental Journey), lived at Crazy Castle. Sterne stayed with him on several occasions. Both used to go riding on the beach at Saltburn.
- Gazza nearly moved in to an old victorian house here.
- Rowan Atkinsons mother used to live in the Zetland
- Emma Bryan she rules
- paul daniels owns a flat in the zetland hotel
- Ridley Scott of Blade Runner and Aliens fame spent time here.
- David Coverdale from Whitesnake was born here.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Callum Duff, Sarah and Jim, mick, Stoo Bloke, Sarah Smith, lopez, Maxine Howes, simon, martin, samantha, phillip, robbie cross, kevy, Pat, Levi Boffey, andrew roe, heebeegeebee, Clive Summersgill, BigheadNez, jay jackson, Linda, Helen Grierson, Ciaran, generic, gemma, Paul B, G, t flintoff, Stuart Hume, Vicky, tan, stan, Angus Sutherland, Tom Balls, Naomi, emm bryan, Alexandra KWIATKOWSKI, blindmaninchains, MASON, jamie, Diana Parker, Penguin, charlie, Kate, Brian Dwyer, Rosie Parish, mike clarke, rosie p, jade, flat eric, katie, Mark Cordell, Rory, Jack Knight, Moomin, C.Brannan, Alison, John
Last updated: 2008-05-08
More stuff about Saltburn-by-the-sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Saltburn-by-the-sea Knowhere Board