Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Sheffield.
- only every watch films at Centertainment. Best system there
- i prefer odeon, dunno y, cineworlds ok but every1 goes ther, not original is it?
- the showroom plays all the oldschool films, like little women. its absolutely fantastic if you like that sorta thing. Also quite good for all you arty types who like foreign films.
- showcase- ok- drink beer in there
- Best one is the Showroom - great NON-American films!
- odeon near tj hughes, vue cinemas at meadowhall, centertainment don valley
- UGC at the valley centertainment
VUE in the Oasis at Meadowhall
- odeon ugc
- You got Centertainment with UGC and places to eat accross from the Hallam arena
Also meadowhall has a few cinemas but dont go there.
- UGC CIMEMAS IS WICKED AND DEAD CHEAP MEAOWHALL'S IS BRILL CAUSE U CAN TAKE UR OWN DRINKS IN FROM SUPERDRUG. UGC HAS 20 SCREENS!!!
- the best cinema is the ugc out at centertainment. big seats, loadsa leg room and only £3 with a student card.
- Odeon in town is cul. UGC a tram's trip away from twon. Warner Village at Meadowhall. Or the best one of all UCI at Crystal Peaks! No w8, no UCI nemore. oh well, the othas r still ok.
- It takes me about an hour on public transport to get to a cinema thats half decent, so dont visit tem often.
- ODEON (not too bad, depends what time of day you go, does tend to have a lot of students at peak times, which isn't great, but daytime tends to be quite relaxing).
WARNER BROS (Meadowhall), avoid at all costs during peak times, it's heaving. Good facilities tho
- march 2002 - The odeon in sheffield is tiny, scrubby and over priced and on the way out if you arent having a lucky day you're likely to get beaten up by the gangs of lads that hang about outside! then theres the showroom for the arty farty film types, it is nice though. theres also warner village at meadowhall and the big UGC cinema at valley centertainment which are both good cinemas with good special offers on at different times on certain nights
- loads of multiplexes all showing the same shinola except for the showroom (nr the train station)which is alternative/ art house + a good bar!
- showrooms for all you pretentious wannabe film students.
- The Odeon on Tuesdays is Â£2.50. Nice one.
- The Odeon at Arundel Gate. All the now films and not TOO pricy! Great selection of sweets, but very expensive.
- The Showroom - good choice of films and comfy seats. Less likely to find annoying people who laugh in the wrong places or who give running commentaries. There's also an international documentary festival there every October which brings in loads of interesting people from arond the world. Nick Broomfield will be there this autumn (2001)
- Odeon-only £2.50 for everyone on a tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!
- quasar, wow, i haven't been for years but there is one on bankstreet.
- Odeon be carefull out side because of the gangs of lads beating anyone
who walks past you.
- The Showroom has best films, ie: not just the American fodder.
- Meadowhall may be nasty, but the cinema seats are well comfy. The new Virgin complex has the biggest screen in the UK (or something) - it's gigantic. Plus it has those special seats like couches where you can drink alcohol and get free popcorn and stuff.
- showroom natch
- showroom - opposite the station a classic art house with something for everyone.
- The Virgin Megaplex - may sound like something from the Simpsons, but it really is very nice
- The truly luxurious Showroom means that Sheffielders can now see Art films in comfort
- UCI, if not travel to the showcase at leeds
- The Showroom Cinema is an excellent cinema, and to find a better one you'd have to go to London, New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco! In my opinion, its one of the best cinemas in Britain.
- If you fancy a mix of both mainline and minority interest films check out Sheffield University's Film Unit. The cinema is open to both students and the public (via a £1 'joining' fee), and films cost £1.50 or less.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: matt nadin, paul birtle, Glittz, fraser chapman, kai, phil, rose, lee o'donnell, stijn, Nikki, matt hirst, Executive Lizards, Ann Shellard, Jatinder Singh, barbara vesey, karen bentley, Gaz, owlsforeva, ambrose, Dan John, Scarrott, adam pop, gems, Spidlington Spod, Tim Nightingale, horseheads, SammyJo, pat, preyesh oza, Dave, nic, hattymegs, Bevan, Tom, Emma Kay, TunaSunrise, JOHN, danny brown, Rindy, adam, pinball, Potch, Forrest, Lizzy Cooper, Jenn. Milles, Justine Gaubert, Ian Wright, sonia rothwell, Jack Roberts, kay roberts, deb, louise anderson, Jasmine, ben otter, chris, rachel evans, Dai Rees, chx, julie, C.A.S., ligaya lanon, Brian Thwaites, Lauz da feesh, 3pce (Editor), John Willson, J.Freeman, francesca, michael stocks, Mick Dewick, Kev, Fergus Tobin, craig jenney, jess, Graham Wroe, matt, kathy tye, Simon Geller, mart, Spermman, Sam Chapman, ????, Jimmy Cool, Barnsley Bill, Roger Hines, Tony Maye, stan, Ben, pete, Garett Lepper, Rob McGowan, Sheona, ian ward, josh, Andy Bott, Jimmy, jo, Kate, RobH, roopthornton, michelle quint, mikey, Mark Cordell, Jon, danielle, m, ben titmarsh, john fraser, peter lennox, Bob Metcalfe, tara, Kelf, paul, melissa, Julia Hunter, me and the mrs, James Hartley, Pete Shaw, Robert Day, bewrfdgr, mark, Richard Leadbetter, Hughbie, Robin, ken, Laura Bainbridge, Mr Brookes, kieth angus, al, Mattie Relts!, Emma, joel barloq, Sylvia McCormick, matt roberts, DON FAZ, johnnnyf, sifu peter allsop, yomama, steve, georgia, francesca k, Jenni, john fowler, jack jarvis, Graham Hulse, graham, andrew glossop, rebekha, Richard, karen, Greg, David, peter, ROY HAYWOOD, luke dolby, jwhite, jinder rai, Britney, mark farnsworth, mary, Sarah Kaye, mick matthews, Tony, SC, Si Gawn, Ashley Saunby, Pauli, M-Dawg, Malcolm Heap, dan, Andrew Milton, the hair fairy, Dave Pearson, milky, Princess of Darknus, Viki, stan leeder, Gareth J, notorious, Helen, Rootdown, Ian Williams, sam, scrag, kez, generic, Lee Cambell, Tom Henthorn, Simonius Rex, stevie, big boy, a h, Jen, Steve Bush, B Millar, kjd, Big Barry, Lyuba Herbert, dave hancock (head promoter), biff, andy, Mat Wraith, sam palmer, Gawny, jack dale, ash, danny b, Rasher, rob brown, Jason, Rob, Dogman, hudu, beavo, Kim, al crowston, scott storey, sam green, Ben Lee, Stuart, daniel brown, Yasmine Mohamed
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Sheffield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sheffield Knowhere Board