Buskers, Street Entertainers in Sheffield, South Yorkshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Sheffield.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- There's a man who can go invisible - seriously. without any props or curtain. He just vanishes. It was amazing. wanted to give him some money...not seen him since then though.
- that dancin tramp nr cathedral is sumat else!!
- Stay clear of charter row! all the druggies scroungers and so on sit about and get pissed all day and they all live at sally army which is on charter row.
- look out for the self titled freindlyest tramp in town, hes a nice dude but he wants your ciggys!!!
- the pidgeon man down near domino house, hes entertaining sometimes
- Does anyone remember Nitty Nora in the old Pond Street bus station? I think she's dead now, but she was a good laugh providing she barged into someone else, and not you.
- erm well these this one woman, rough as fuck, peroxide hair, r8 scabby ALWAYS asks for ''70p to get home'' yeh woteva!! if she reads this an tries to track me down to beat me up then we'll no them 70ps havin been payin 4 her i-book and bband. bitch.
- sambo rambo the skatepark tramp, can be seen sleeping under the sub box's if ur havin an early mornin skate, believes he once married princess Dianne. walk on crutches now after falling off the top ledge at devvy, clasy man bringin live entertainment rite to ur flatbank
- Have a look around Fargate. There's always a few!
- There's a black white and grey dog that walks itself all over Sheffield. It's been spotted at Hillsborough to Nether Edge.
- Sambo Mambo - pitty him.
- Watch out for the guy around the sheffield college/hunters bar area. His story is that he is on probation and needs 7 quid to get back home on the train, or he will get thrown back into prison. He's about 6 foot 2, blonde ish hair and about 39 to 42, with an old black sports bag on his back, he will show you a piece of paper detailing his probation details ect...this guy is so convincing! untill you say no to him then he gets very scary! watch out! he ran his story to me 4 times in one weekend....he needs a better memory! he totally forgot he had asked me 3 times before, once I explained this to him he got stressed and this turned into a fight. He normaly tries it with students, and women, he is very believable and convincing.....but walk away! last time he needed to get to liverpool but after speaking to lots of people he changes the location a lot but the story stays the same. Cheers.
- The man with the Jesus Saves sign, who can be seen on Fargate and near the Crucible.
- some music entertainers in town.
- catherdral tram stop is my fave spot to go TRAMP spottin. got some nick names to. ones called omega cos of the cider he's always got.
- cum 2 city hall steps and we'll show u sum "characters"
- some great beggars on division street...really convincing laid on there mothers old duvet with matching scraggy dog
- The guy that sings Welsh ballads outside Starbucks in the city centre.
- Subway under Arundel Gate to Bus station a nightmare
- Is John Swain still outside Coles? The Barkers Pool D.J. resident at Sound Easy
- odeon tunnle
- Bongo players on Sundays in Endcliffe Park. Annoying. I live in flats next to the tree where they play. Anyone who stops them will be rewarded with a pint
- the subways are usually full of beggers and don't really pay anyway. Try the moor or fargate if youve no competition but the best spot has to be outsids cole brothers (barkers pool) (quite often taken) less hits but more quids! good luck.
- give it up for the big issue sellers: they're always polite and friendly, especially the dreadlocked carzy dude who stands across from the train station, he's worth a quid for the entertainment value alone!
- there's a rather enchanting man who plays some form of piccolo, it always entices me into parting with the odd fifty p!
- No thanks!
- Dont know if this should go here, but I saw a brilliant local band/dj/electronic artist the other day. It was this lad who goes under the title 'Orators' and I hear sometimes performs under the name 'Yuffie.Kisaragi' - some cool drum and bass big beat fusion and some truly haunting samples.....check him out!
- Anything in Sheffield city centre, on Chapel walk or in the Underpass going under Arundel Gate, the bloke from Various Vegetables plays there... Certainly not Meadowhall though, that place has no life to it.
- Tons of them. Why can't the council put a stop to it eh?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: matt nadin, paul birtle, Glittz, fraser chapman, kai, phil, rose, lee o'donnell, stijn, Nikki, matt hirst, Executive Lizards, Ann Shellard, Jatinder Singh, barbara vesey, karen bentley, Gaz, owlsforeva, ambrose, Dan John, Scarrott, adam pop, gems, Spidlington Spod, Tim Nightingale, horseheads, SammyJo, pat, preyesh oza, Dave, nic, hattymegs, Bevan, Tom, Emma Kay, TunaSunrise, JOHN, danny brown, Rindy, adam, pinball, Potch, Forrest, Lizzy Cooper, Jenn. Milles, Justine Gaubert, Ian Wright, sonia rothwell, Jack Roberts, kay roberts, deb, louise anderson, Jasmine, ben otter, chris, rachel evans, Dai Rees, chx, julie, C.A.S., ligaya lanon, Brian Thwaites, Lauz da feesh, 3pce (Editor), John Willson, J.Freeman, francesca, michael stocks, Mick Dewick, Kev, Fergus Tobin, craig jenney, jess, Graham Wroe, matt, kathy tye, Simon Geller, mart, Spermman, Sam Chapman, ????, Jimmy Cool, Barnsley Bill, Roger Hines, Tony Maye, stan, Ben, pete, Garett Lepper, Rob McGowan, Sheona, ian ward, josh, Andy Bott, Jimmy, jo, Kate, RobH, roopthornton, michelle quint, mikey, Mark Cordell, Jon, danielle, m, ben titmarsh, john fraser, peter lennox, Bob Metcalfe, tara, Kelf, paul, melissa, Julia Hunter, me and the mrs, James Hartley, Pete Shaw, Robert Day, bewrfdgr, mark, Richard Leadbetter, Hughbie, Robin, ken, Laura Bainbridge, Mr Brookes, kieth angus, al, Mattie Relts!, Emma, joel barloq, Sylvia McCormick, matt roberts, DON FAZ, johnnnyf, sifu peter allsop, yomama, steve, georgia, francesca k, Jenni, john fowler, jack jarvis, Graham Hulse, graham, andrew glossop, rebekha, Richard, karen, Greg, David, peter, ROY HAYWOOD, luke dolby, jwhite, jinder rai, Britney, mark farnsworth, mary, Sarah Kaye, mick matthews, Tony, SC, Si Gawn, Ashley Saunby, Pauli, M-Dawg, Malcolm Heap, dan, Andrew Milton, the hair fairy, Dave Pearson, milky, Princess of Darknus, Viki, stan leeder, Gareth J, notorious, Helen, Rootdown, Ian Williams, sam, scrag, kez, generic, Lee Cambell, Tom Henthorn, Simonius Rex, stevie, big boy, a h, Jen, Steve Bush, B Millar, kjd, Big Barry, Lyuba Herbert, dave hancock (head promoter), biff, andy, Mat Wraith, sam palmer, Gawny, jack dale, ash, danny b, Rasher, rob brown, Jason, Rob, Dogman, hudu, beavo, Kim, al crowston, scott storey, sam green, Ben Lee, Stuart, daniel brown, Yasmine Mohamed
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Sheffield
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sheffield Knowhere Board