Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Shepherds Bush, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Shepherds Bush.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Further to the piece about Roger Daltrey and Shepherds Bush. His cousin Brends was my best friend. We were a couple of years older than Roger. We met him once in Ravenscourt Park, he was a skinny little 14 yearold. He lived in the downstairs basement and ground floor a big ols Victorian house In Shepherds Bush . Brenda and her family had the top 2 storeys....I think. I've lived in Australia for 40 years and can't now remember the name of the street. I remember the fun of seeing little Roger Daltrey fronting The Who and on P covers. I loved saying, 'I know him.'
- roger daltry lived in percy road ,shepherds bush. and went to victoria rd school. when he was eleven he moved to bedford park.the high numbers ,detour and who(all the same group)played at the GOLDHAWK SOCIAL CLUB friday or saturday nights . they NEVER played at the goldhawk pub how do i know? i was a mod and lived in shepherds bush in the early 60s and went to the goldhawk social!
- Pete Townshend and Rog Daltrey Didn't live off the Goldhawk road. The Goldhawk pub was an early haunt of the Who and venue for their early gigs but Townshend lived in whitehall gardens in Acton and Daltrey in the south acton/bedford park area.
- I know someone famous who lives in Shepherds Bush,apparently my hero Mik Scarlet (famous disabled actor!)lives there but I don't know where.
- Anna Ford, Nigella Lawson. Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey lived off the Goldhawk Road in the sixties.
- Nigella Lawson
Mark Little (from the Royle Family)
- Numerous BBC employees live in the area...saw louis Theroux going into BlockBuster video yesterday!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tommy hopper, ed bicknell, Melissa, gwyneth brooker, steve g, Gary briggs, Gwyn, generic, Katie Fraser, Paul Fradgley, Paul, H de Vroome
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Shepherds Bush
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Shepherds Bush Knowhere Board