Pubs in Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Shoreham by Sea.
Best Pubs to eat in are:
- Amsterdam - unfriendly pub. Wouldn't go there if the beer was free.
- THE BUCKINGHAM ARMS is by far the best pud in shoreham, i feel comfortable, and safe in there and i also feel wanted when i walk in, people rave about the duke, but i don't feel comfortable in there and people just ignore me, so it is the bucks for me, people are friendly and they even have a football team, The Buckingham Arms FC and altough they are all very good mates of mine, they are FAB!!!
- Don't bother with the Waterside Inn - unless you like miserable landlords!
- The buckingham arms in brunswick road (the pink one!!!) only 11, yes 11 real ales on at a time, food for the hungry at lunch, free food for the poor at tea-time.... win £20 on a sunday with the free 'genius' game .. check out the live and loud!) music once a month. have a laugh with the friendly staff, ha ha !! and see if you can lower the average age of the punters by coming in. only under forties need apply.
- The Duke has closed for renovation..no re-opening date yet.
The Marlipins has had a fire and is being renovated so not open.
Don't go to the Lazy Toad with eating in mind..excellent real ale selection though.
Excellent pub not given a mention is the Buckingham Arms, next to the station,..voted runner up in this years CAMRA regional finals, friendly and lively.
The Schooner in the High Street, has one standard handpulled beer only, not in my opinion sufficient to recommend it.
- the schooner has been shut for over six months now (breach of licencing law)with
no word on when/if it will reopen - shame.
the duke,used to be good but not so popular these days.nice friendly staff but a bit smelly (pub not staff!)
- Royal Sovereign good food good beer Lazy toad good beer the bridge by the river skankin food mega portionsd
- The Duke of Wellington is on the A259 Coast Road, near the Civic Centre(?)
( not in Dolphin Road )
The Kings Head, The Adur and The Hebe have all closed or been pulled down
- The Swiss Cottage on the Lake. It is the most perfect pub in the world
- The Duke of Wellington is the only Shoreham pub where 'alternative' types can feel comfortable. Good selections of indie, dance, rock, 60s/70s/80s music. Nice and dark. Relaxed and friendly - about 1 fight a decade!
Avoid the Burrell Arms like the plague unless you're built like the proverbial and like nothing better than having barstools broken over your head on a Saturday night. About 2 fights a day.
The Waterside is good daytime pub. Food available and often big screen sports, although you can find a quiet spot if sport isn't your thing. Children friendly and spacious.
- The Duke. Down on Dolphin road opp. Frosts. Looks dark and skanky but its got a real genuine atmos. Well chilled.
- The Marlipins - High Street
- The Lazy Toad - High Street
- The Bridge Inn - High Street
- The Red Lion - Upper Shoreham Road
- The Green Jacket - Upper Shoreham Road
- The Green Jacket (very good bar food plus cheap A La Carte Restaurant)
- The Marlipins (excellent bar food and cheap)
- Swiss Cottage (great if you have young kids with you)
- The Amsterdam (good restaurant)
- The Duke is the only place worth drinking in!
- The Swiss Cottage
- The Amsterdam
- The Red Lion
- The Schooner
- The WaterSide
- The Duke of Wellington or just The Duke: great place to meet students, alternatives, only place in Shoreham to hear real live music.
Or... Shoreham by Sea is a real ale drinkers paradise.There are 23 pubs (which is a lot for a small town) each has a very good selection of ale (and lager). All are good but particularly recommended are the following:
- The Royal Soveriegn - Middle Street
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: the 3 redheads, Sarah Willson, john phelps, James Thomson, Sarah Booker, Barry Smith, Nigel Kendrick, gary baines, Matt Goddard, Rich, Peter Weaver, Rick Dupuy, Paul Häggqvist, Steve Barker, Alan, Katie Piatt, Joe, generic, JEFF, Pete F, Lukas Bernstein, chris knowles, Hayz, vic trudgian, Diana Sopp, rob, Ninja, Tom, M. Williams, gary green, trevor, Jan Knight, Martyn Baker, Vicki, rachel aylett, Theresa, Derek Hammond, Moya
Last updated: 2009-02-01
More stuff about Shoreham by Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Shoreham by Sea Knowhere Board