The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Shoreham by Sea.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hi, what 'bout info for local mums - kids 'n' things. I have recently moved and am trying to find info, and what sort of stuff I can join in with, as well as nipping down to the local!
- Bakhai Pharmacy on East Street has a web site where you can ask the pharmacist questions in complete confidence online: www.bakhaipharmacy.com. You can order stuff for delivery from their online catalogue with more than 30,000 products or order it and collect it at the pharmacy.
- There is the Shoreham Naturist beach. To reach it you need to get to the other side of the Harbour, either by driving round by Hove lagoon or across the locks at Southwick (on foot or by cycle of course). It lies approximately midway between the new power station and the Hove lagoon and is well used in the summer months (1000+ people). There is information on it on the NUFF website
www.armage.demon.co.uk/nuff/index.html , search for beaches, south east and its there. Highly recommended.
- Shoreham is a cool town, it's the place i've always lived and perhaps always will, Don't dis it! It's cool because it's in between two major towns, Worthing and Brighton and its near a beach!
- Don't forget to visit the RNLI (lifeboat) shop (when open) in the boathouse, which is about 3 miles out of the town centre on the A259 coast road towards Brighton. All donations gratefully received.
Shoreham Airport (Actually "Worthing, Hove and Brighton Municipal" - or some such nonsense)is famous for Art Deco frontage (what's left after short-sighted 'repairs') is often used for filming.
The first commercial (delivery) flight in UK was from Shoreham - a consignment of lamps to Hove lawns! The Airport also hosts a fairly decent airshow and an avaiation (war time) museum.
The mud flats around the river banks are well known for their birdlife and I believe it's a protected area.
Shoreham had film studios before Hollywood! If you take to the beach areas off Shoreham Beach (especially opposite Ferry Road and East towards the Old Fort), some of the low concrete walls of the old studios can still be seen.
- It's a pretty boring place, with few shops, and a non-existant nightlife!
- There is rail station (which is a pretty important one on the south coast) and Shoreham was used in the first world war to set the boats off out of the port. There is a local Hospital Radio Station. There are a whole bunch of net users from there.
- Don't forget the great view from the top of Mill Hill.
- SCUBA DIVING - If you want to go Scuba Diving and you are a qualified diver contact SPIKE on 01273-624351 who runs a dive boat.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sarah Willson, john phelps, James Thomson, Sarah Booker, Barry Smith, Nigel Kendrick, gary baines, Matt Goddard, Rich, Peter Weaver, Rick Dupuy, Paul Häggqvist, Steve Barker, Alan, Katie Piatt, Joe, generic, JEFF, Pete F, Lukas Bernstein, chris knowles, Hayz, vic trudgian, Diana Sopp, rob, Ninja, Tom, M. Williams, gary green, trevor, Jan Knight, Martyn Baker, Vicki, rachel aylett, Theresa, Derek Hammond, Moya
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Shoreham by Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Shoreham by Sea Knowhere Board