The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Sidcup.
- Horse and Groom Restuarant/Pub nice for a quiet drink or could try Portrait Bar of you want a bit more life.
- the hogs, the portrait, the rose. the hogs is full of young uns thhough
- The Balck Horse is like going back a generation or 2 but well worth a trip if you like beer and football
- The Beefeater in Sidcup is sh*t for Sunday lunches. Measly, cold, portions, dried up meat, crusty veg and gravy pots made for hobbits. All a snip at £8 a pop. Go down the road to The Portrait - £4.95 and much better.
- all crap accep for the kings arms in bexleyheath coz they used to do a metal night in there so i know loads of people who are always in there so thats cool or the one bell in crayford look out for ash a regular in there just look out for the land lord coz hes huge and hes irish so would eat most people for dinner
- The blue rose is ideal if you are under 12 or gay.
- Try the Portrait. all the teachers from the local skools go there...whoopdy do
Otherwise EVERYBODY goes bromley or bexleyheath.
- The Metro Bar next to Sidcup station has a great atmosphere and is well worth checking out. The staff are friendly and the prices reasonable. Entertainment is provided by swog.co.uk on some Saturday nights which means a good night out in Sidcup is never to far away.
- The Alma is a friendly, traditional local. There is the Hogshead on Sidcup High street- not bad ,a bit expensive. A new pub called The Portrait which only ever seems to have about half a dozen customers. The Horse and Groom-recently revamped with a subsequent loss of character. The best pub in Sidcup has to be The Charcoal Burner-it always feels like Christmas or New Year's Eve in there and the girls behind the bar arn't bad either.
- The Alma is much underrated, although it's a bit of a cosy crowd. If you want craziness, yeah, hit the Metro Bar, for youth and fighting!
- Black Horse closed due to drug sales... But the House of Gloom, sorry Horse and Groom is big and cleaver, cos the staf are all dancers from the local dance college, nuf said.
- Hey...it's got to be the Hogshead..really nice crowd...just done up...it is where the cool people hang out.
The Metro Bar by the station 'ain't to bad also..does Becks on tap.
The Old Black Horse and The Black Horse are pretty dire (and young)...the Alma...still dire mostly inhabited by Corpses and the very old
- The Black Horse is okay if you like a fight with your chips, but watch out you don't trip over the prams.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Ben Homewood, Ricky Chin, nick, Melanie, Will, paul murphy, J, barry, Alan, Twinklebabe, James, generic, J.Wilkins, Victoria, chris hewish, Joss, Fallon, Lex, Lewis, richard, Lethal, jason, Skate Sidcup, Em, Tom H, karen, Hannah, Kate Ward, david webb, Graham Jones, taz, Esther Zuke, bill, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Sidcup
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Sidcup Knowhere Board