The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Southwark.
- The Prince of Wales in Lant Street. Very small and out of the way and with a dedicated regular clientelle. Run for donkeys years by Jack and Eileen, it's about to be demolished...It will be sorely missed.
- The Wheatsheaf opposite Borough Market is a really unpretentious little place which serves real ales to a really varied crowd (from suits to Morris Dancers)..also it's under threat due to the new Thameslink - as is part of the Market itself. (You can get information in the area in how to protest against this destruction of a historical monument (the market - although the pub really is very nice too!)
- the George Inn is a rickety old coaching Inn stuck between modern office blocks.It has long rooms,the beer is good,Samuel Peyps and Dickens used to drink there - you have to go there if you happen to be south of the river.
- The Charlie Chaplin does one pound a pint of really poor quality bitter. The Elephant & Castle also does this offer but has less character (and more threatening character).
- The Miller of Mansfield ,96 Snowfields ,SE 1 .a biggish pub with a great athmosphere and everything from live bands to good food.
- The George - ancient galleried inn now owned by the National Trust.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sue richards, Marion, HGB, Robert Brook, D.Breen., Eamonn Clifford, Franco-Sosa, generic, James Hatts, Hazel Humphreys, nr
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Southwark
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Southwark Knowhere Board