The Best Things in Spitalfields, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Spitalfields.
The Best Things
- Spitalfields Markets, still somehow remaining a place (largely) without tourists, and not full of either a) antiques I don't want or can't afford (as in the West End) or b) washing powder, stolen goods and cockels and mussels (as in East End) but things you might actually want to buy (mostly good for presents for people, mooching about and it's food). It's getting poncier so get down there before it deteriorates.
- liverpool Street Station concourse: where you don`t have to pick your feet up to walk. avoiding the goo and discarded burgers or siutcases, this makes the journey all that little bit more tricky.
- The Golden Hart pub in Commercial Street - unreconstructed pub bliss.
- spitalfields market.
brick lane curry houses, especially the nazrul 2.
- street life on Brick Lane
- My Roof. The bird who sunbathes on the opposite roof.
- Two 24-hour bagel bakeries in Brick Lane
- Brick Lane market at a reasonable time on a Sunday morning.
- The Beer Shop: just moved a few doors up Pitfields Street. One of London's small treasures. An award-winning brewery in its own right and a wonderful selection of bottled beers from all over the world, with a knowledgeable staff who will give you information (sometimes in very surprising quantity) if they're not busy. Also sells some draught beer in boxes. Probably the best place to buy beer in London.
- Energy. People. Creativity.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Saint Acid, joel, Mo, Melanie, Will, Dave Ditch, Claire Hansford, Roland Jeffery, Ethelreda Gotobed, Perry, jo, ian e smith, plonker, Paul Sandwell, daniel, Stuart Scanlan, matt, Paul Sanders, Pierre at the Centre of Attention, adam modelski, the dogs bollocks, Clare Carabott, Rob Skedgell, mushie, generic, chrisbrock, vik, shireen, andy- northlondon, Julie Zielstra, Sam
Last updated: 2008-11-11
More stuff about Spitalfields
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Spitalfields Knowhere Board